new clutch ..notchy gears?

S3me

Reaction score
just had a new clutch kit and dmf not even 400 miles ago, what i've noticed is the gears are really notchy... the gear stick feels more loose, and I feel resistance when trying to go into first when stopping at a set of lights? all together it just feels wrong, all the gears feel notchy which wasn't like this before the replacement and it kind of feels like the clutch is dragging somtimes maybe? idk, but if anyone has any suggestions as what it could be before I take it back to the garage let me know, thanks

Yes, I would say that the clutch is not fully disengaging (dragging). Does not explain the 'loose' gearstick, but well worth the garage being told to examine the clutch adjustment and confirm the open position. If you put it in first gear and hold the clutch pedal depressed, does it creep forwards at all?

no it doesn't move when the clutch is all the way down, but the driving experience on my car has gotten even worse its a nightmare to drive it feels really sluggish now but also its slipping slightly aswell.. really fed up! altogether feels wrong..even scanned with VCDS and nothing is showing up so no other problems

Your new clutch kit ie either faulty, or has been installed incorrectly. It should neither slip nor drag. Something is seriously wrong. Do get it checked out before is gets worse. Good luck.