Audi Concert - AUX Input - Help Required

Brido1888

Reaction score
Had my 2009 A3 just over a week now & only tried the AUX port with my ipod today, it won't work, all i get is hissing through the speakers & AUX Ext Input across the display, tried this with 2 types of Aux cable...

Is there a Audi specific cable that I need? The ones i used were both generic cables, a male/male cable & a male/ipod connecter.

Any feedback/suggestions owuld be great

Thanks
B

no specific cable needed, mine worked with a standard 1\4 > 1\4 jack on my iPhone fine! it's possibly the connection has become disconnected at one end or the other! and some folk will disconnect the Aux socket at the rear of the head unit to add a BT adaptor or similar - as I have.

Remember the line level is allot lower than radio etc, assuming you've turned volume up :)

If its stock radio I cant imagine its been disconnected, but pull radio & make sure all wires are located & not loose.

Simple retractable headphone 3.5 each end will suffice & always worked for my installs.

Remember the line level is allot lower than radio etc, assuming you've turned volume up :)

If its stock radio I cant imagine its been disconnected, but pull radio & make sure all wires are located & not loose.

Simple retractable headphone 3.5 each end will suffice & always worked for my installs.

Yeah i had the volume up full, bicked it when I put it back to radio lol

I'll take it back to the dealer, i've only had it a week they can fiddle about with it.

Where could one acquire these retractable cables you speak of?

eBay is your friend. I have just bought a retractable cable with an iPod dock connector at one end and a 3.5mm jack at the other. Works very well indeed even with an iPhone. Only problem is you can't use your cig lighter to charge the damn thing

Hence why the headphone socket approach is better as allows both uses :)

Hey, yea it's no special lead, I'm running my phone with a 99p eBay job....

Is the volume on your connected device turned up too?

eBay is your friend. I have just bought a retractable cable with an iPod dock connector at one end and a 3.5mm jack at the other. Works very well indeed even with an iPhone. Only problem is you can't use your cig lighter to charge the damn thing
I got a non retractable cable from the bay with both 3.5mm jack and USB connected to an iPod connector - allows you to plug iPod into aux in and cig lighter via a USB charger thing.

Had my 2009 A3 just over a week now & only tried the AUX port with my ipod today, it won't work, all i get is hissing through the speakers & AUX Ext Input across the display, tried this with 2 types of Aux cable...

Is there a Audi specific cable that I need? The ones i used were both generic cables, a male/male cable & a male/ipod connecter.

Any feedback/suggestions owuld be great

Thanks
B

I have this exact same issue on my audi a3. Its using the Audi navigation plus headunit with bose speakers. Trying to use this cable to connect my ipod nano/iphone 4 to the aux input next to the handbrake.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007NIE5EE/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1