Badger5Monster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

3.2Q rumble from the front nearside?

In normal driving conditions it drives great. However, when driving round a large roundabout at "moderate pace" I get a rumble from the front n/s wheel area. I don't really feel it through the steering but you do feel it through the car. the nearest I can describe is if you've got a flat tyre and you get that rumble/judder when the wheel/tyre is under more load then normal. Anyone know what this might be? I thought it was my worn tyres but I bought new ones yesterday and it still does it although not quite as bad!?! I had noticed recently that the front n/s is wearing much more than the o/s so I've got it booked in at a local garage for a full wheel alignment/geometry check so we'll see what's going on later today. In the mean time if anyone can shed some light on this I'd be most gratefull.
    2004 A3 3.2 Quattro Sport DSG S-line
    2008 KTM 950 Supermoto
    1988 Honda CBR400RR Tri-Arm

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

Status
    most probably a wheel bearing
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah, I did think that but there was no movement in the wheel/hub when the tyre fitters were doing their thing. I asked them to check for any movement and was all solid!?!
    2008 KTM 950 Supermoto

Status
    hows the anti roll bar links? not sure this would cause rumbling though :-/
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by daver555 View Post
    Yeah, I did think that but there was no movement in the wheel/hub when the tyre fitters were doing their thing. I asked them to check for any movement and was all solid!?!
    Might be worth noting that yes they checked but remember they're tyre fitters, not mechanics.(unless it's a garage too? then ignore this!) But most should know what to feel for. Just depends if the man knew his stuff or not or just said "yeah seems fine" as he didn't want to look the clown...

1st Gear

Status
    Anti-roll bar is my second suspicion. They take a hammering on the 3.2 due to the weight of the thing so I'm quietly confident it's that. Fingers crossed!
    2008 KTM 950 Supermoto

1st Gear

Status
    In the words of Captain Slow "Oh c0ck"! Diagnosis is a split inner CV boot on the front n/s driveshaft but there's still some grease left in it. Informed that it's not a straight forward job requiring the complete removal of the n/s suspension and hub. If it's good news it only needs a new CV boot so fingers crossed! Why do a get the unnerving feeling this is going to be bad news and another big bill!?! Only just recovered from the last one at £1150 and that one was only a month ago! Anyone else had similar work done and care to shed some light on costs? Currently waiting for the garage to put a quote together and was informed that parts are only availbale from VW/Audi Group!
    2008 KTM 950 Supermoto