APR REMAP GONE WRONG

Zorty

Reaction score
Hi All

i was at the GTI International yesterday were i was possesed by something and accepted the APR guys offer to remap my A3 2.0 TDI

noticed the power after about half hour and when i got bk to leeds i parked up happy.

later that evening i started my car was ok, as i pulled of a massive cloud of grey spoke came out of my exhaust and kept doing it when i was setting of from standstill. i parked up revd the car up nothing. as i am in traffic or lights pulling away i get the spoke or in second then i excellorate hard.

can anyone help. :(

Hi All

i was at the GTI International yesterday were i was possesed by something and accepted the APR guys offer to remap my A3 2.0 TDI

noticed the power after about half hour and when i got bk to leeds i parked up happy.

later that evening i started my car was ok, as i pulled of a massive cloud of grey spoke came out of my exhaust and kept doing it when i was setting of from standstill. i parked up revd the car up nothing. as i am in traffic or lights pulling away i get the spoke or in second then i excellorate hard.

can anyone help. :(

Take a hint. Rewrite your post in English then someone may understand what your question is.

Sounds like it's overfuelling
Most remapped cars will kick out a bit of smoke under heavy load,but it's more a bit of haze than a cloud of smoke,so something is wrong......ring up and take it back

Thanks for the info guys.

have it booked in tonight for 7pm at Awsome GTI in manchester. rang them up yesterday and was told to bring it in tonight to have a look at it. finders crossed its nothing major.

Never take your car to Awesome for remaps. they are so crap its unreal, i've just had mine removed due to it over fuelling, the map that they put on hardly even increased boost either! they are not touching my car again.

APR map did not go wrong. Call APR, get a VCDS cable and run some logs(they can tell you how) and send it to them.

I've had 2 cars APR mapped at Awesome and while I think the customer service side is a little lacking, I've had no issues at all with the maps and would recommend them to anybody.
It's amazing though that as soon as something goes wrong on a mapped car then "it must be the map that's done it" regardless of the hundreds of other potential causes.
I would say keeping an open mind when things go wrong is a better way to get to the bottom of the problem.

Awesome customer back up is crap will never buy from them again

Reactions: AjayB
remaps will always bring up impending problems such as coil packs slipped clutches and blown turbos just to mention a few.
big question is how healthy was your engine prior to this remap.
where you running low on oil?
APR where very helpful to me when i had a remap.
The managing director took my car out on the road to do a live log with a laptop plugged to my car taking it upto 100MPH on a "private strip" then went on to rewrite another map.
speak to Keith at the head office in MILTON KEYNES.

Never take your car to Awesome for remaps. they are so crap its unreal, i've just had mine removed due to it over fuelling, the map that they put on hardly even increased boost either! they are not touching my car again.

Ajay you had your car remapped in October last year (9 months ago)
If you gave us a call about any issues we would of more than happy to get the vehicle in and diagnose.
Becuase you have had the remap done else where we can not carry out any FOC diagnostics.
The remap we put on your vehicle has been used 100's of BKD engines with out an issue.
And just to clarify the person who is having issues with his car above was mapped by APR not Awesome.
And a issue was found with the car not the remap.
We are always here to look after customers. If you have an issue please give us the opportunity to have look and
rectify if needed.

Last edited:
Awesome customer back up is crap will never buy from them again
Hello there,
What was the issue? Is there anything I can do to help?
If you wish to discuss anything please feel free to contact me on 0161 776 077 and option 1

Thanks