Decisions on new wheels 18s, 19s, silver, anthracite on dolphin grey.

demi

Reaction score
I'm sure its been asked here, I am looking to get a set of new wheels, since my tyres on stock 17s are almost done I'm looking to get a new set of wheels and tyres.
I like the look of 19s but how practical are they, 18s don't look as nice but lighter and cheaper setup.

Car is a dolphin grey A3 8p2 with coilovers to go on, got a satin black front grille and I'm not decided on color either.

My initial thoughts were pro race 1.2 or oz superleggera, rs3 rotor (not sure on the weight of these especially the replicas).

Help lol

how about the wheels in my avatar up for sale with nearly new good brand tyres set of 5 tooall in the same colour

I have dolphin grey with 18 s3 rep wheels in silver. They look good.

a few shots of mine genuine and still mint i dont have a photo of the 5th but it is the same

DSCF0150.jpg

DSCF0135.jpg

VMR 710 are some very nice wheels! What color would suit on the dolphin grey? Silver or gunmetal?

SDC10713.jpg

Last edited:
Guys got a question, I seen some wheels that I like, they are 19x8.5 et35, I'm hoping these will stick out enough not needing spacers. What tyres would be needed to clear things? I will need to get some springs also to pull it off as at the moment is on stock height:puke:

I like the idea of lowering the car a bit. The only thing I hate is when I go through the speed bump,I have to do 5MPH or its gonna hurt my *** lol.This is the reason why I left my honda civic sport and move to A3 :))Maybe in the future I will just lower it 40mm.

Ok I think I will stick with silver. Next question is would a 8.5 x 19 et 35 work and what tyres are needed to pull it off? I wont be running super low.

Last edited:
Are you referring to the black CHs for sale on the web? I believe 8.5" along with a 35 offset will cause serious arch rubbing unless you run a lot of camber, which causes its own problems. I can fix you up with mint, genuine BBS CHs in silver, 8x19, ET 50 complete with tyres, perfect fitment for your A3. PM if interested.