Volks AutosBadger5
    imported_tobycruse

Worth re-mapping a 2.0FSI?????

I have just spoken to AMD about the re-mapping options for a 2.0FSI.

They said they could get 10 to 15 more bhp out of it and about the same in torque.

It would cost around Ł450 to do.

Would this be worth doing? Will i be able to feel the difference?

I am thinking of haveing the car for a while, would it make it more fun to drive?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Uber Post Whore

Status

Re: Worth re-mapping a 2.0FSI?????

Can't really see a great performance boost with 10-15 bhp, maybe make it more free revving and easy to use the power though. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

AmD remapped my 4Motion, getting around +20bhp and similar torque increase, so not huge gains, but the feel of the car was totally transformed - much more eager to rev, flatter torque curve made it feel like it had much more grunt through the midrange and it seriously increased the grin factor when pulling through the gears.
    Try and testdrive one that has already been remapped if possible, figures rarely tell the whole story. Big numbers are useless if they render the car undriveable imho.

-Lou

imported_Spin140

I'm with little wing, still worth doing. Even 10bhp can make a difference and remapping generally improves driveability. I once had to have a car reduced by 12bhp after a remap as it was producing too much power, on the drive home I could really notice the difference so I'm sure its the same the other way round, Go for it Ł450 seems reasonable, especially if you are keeping the car a little longer [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

3rd Gear

Status

Are you still under warranty?

Same as the other guys: I had my 3.2 remap, with a 8-9% hp and tq increase. What those numbers don't say is thatthe engine is now much more "agressive", redline coming much faster.

I say do it, as long as you're ok with the potential risks.