My Sportback micro-project

vegardar

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

As this will be my first thread on this page, I thought I´d introduce myself (or my car..)

I got the car last week. As I recently finished my studies, the time had come for a full-time job, and of course, a new set of wheels.. ;) I was determine that I wanted an A3 S-line, and eventually I found a black 1.9 TDI S-Line 2008, all original. Many of you will probably say that I should have gone for the 2.0 TDI, but after 5 years as a student, my pockets isn't exactly deep, and I got the 1.9 for a good price.

So heres some pictures of the car the day I got it:

IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0590.jpg

As I washed the car, it was obvious that the previous owner hadn't taken well care of it. The paint was full of swirls, scratches and other spots.

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg

I went and got a lot of washing and detailing stuff (mostly Meguiars), and now I´m just waiting for the Norwegian summer rain to calm down so I can make her nice and pretty again.. ;)
I´m not quite sure if I want to tackle all the scratches on the back-bumper. They're just on the top of the clear coat, but I´m afraid to wetsand and do to much..?

More to come..... :kissmyrings:

Hei Vegardar.,

Velkommen til forumet :)
Hvor i landet er du plassert? ser du har skilter fra Trøndelag.
Fin bil og ja været holder ikke en stabil føring om dagen. haha

Got a little more work done today. Debadged the rear, and have to say, I think the car looks a whole lot better! ;)

Before:
IMG_0590.jpg

After:
IMG_0667.jpg

A couple of pictures of the process:
IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0666.jpg

decent looking car! its a really good base spec to start on with the S-Line.
hope to see it after you finish the detailing

got any plans for her then?

Welcome to the forum Vegardar, Car looks very nice but be prepared to spent loads as i found out..reading this forum hooks you on to adding lots of mods! lol

decent looking car! its a really good base spec to start on with the S-Line.
hope to see it after you finish the detailing

got any plans for her then?

Thanks mate!

I really want to keep the car as subtle(?) and original as I can. Dont want to do a whole lot of styling etc. Hate it when people make their A3's look like a plastic car straight out of Fast and Furious.. :p

The plan is to keep on with small mods that makes the car look better, without ruining the original look to much.
First off is to detail the car completely and get her shine back. Next I want to get some LED licenceplate lights. Read a post about them here, but couldnt figure out which ones to get without getting error message? Read somewhere that the original A8 led lights worked as fitted perfect to the 2008 Sportback, anyone tried this?
I`m also thinking about getting xenon in all the lights, and not just the drivinglights.

And BlueSpark, I know! Mods/Wallet..:mad:

Reactions: Artimus
xenon in all the lights :S, you should have any errors from them led number plate lights, its only with the new facelift A/S3.

Got the car fully detailed today as the rain finally gave me a break!

Stay tuned for pictures and some other plans that´s on the way.. ;)

Pics please - I love seeing a car's finish returned to its former glory! Looks like a really nice spec motor.

Hope you guys are ready for some pictures because here comes a lot of them! ;)
All detailed out! Pretty happy with the result, but next time I think I´ll start with wetsanding the whole car.. ;)

Scroll to top to see how the paint looked like before.

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0691.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

Reactions: Dalik, ~RS~ and quattro81
Nice to see you have the paint back to a lovely sheen, mate - great work:wub: but dude, I think you need to blur out your address on the parcel!!!

That paint work came up a treat kinda surprised it came out so well tbh, bet your chuffed with the results.

You don't have any turbo issues do you? Like overboosting or sticky vanes, turbo howl?? I ask as the remap will kill your turbo if so, might be in a week or maybe in 6 months time.... Check it out to be on the safe side.

That paint work came up a treat kinda surprised it came out so well tbh, bet your chuffed with the results.

You don't have any turbo issues do you? Like overboosting or sticky vanes, turbo howl?? I ask as the remap will kill your turbo if so, might be in a week or maybe in 6 months time.... Check it out to be on the safe side.

Thanks! I was happy with the result, but still tiny scratches here and there. Used Clay, polish and wax.

Do you have any experience with the remap-make? Have to say that I don't feel that there is a whole lot of difference in terms of HP, but NM are much better. Feel that the car isn´t as smooth as it was, feels kind of nervous. I feel it the most as I let go of the gas and the car makes kind of small jumps before I put my foot back down?

How do I check the things you say? Service at Audi? Think I would have to take out the chip before I deliverer it.

Nice car mate looks a lot better now you've detailed it

Feel that the car isn´t as smooth as it was, feels kind of nervous. I feel it the most as I let go of the gas and the car makes kind of small jumps before I put my foot back down?

Can i ask why you chose to get a chip rather than a re-map?

Can i ask why you chose to get a chip rather than a re-map?

To be honest, money. It wasn´t my plan to do anything with the engine, but my uncle had done it, and he was very happy with it. The chip was 179 euros, and a remap here in Norway would have put me back around 950 GBP. So I though why not.. ;)