Resyncing my key fob

Sysmic Wave

Reaction score
Hi folks, I know that there are a million topics on this issue but I just can't find an answer that helps me.

The girlfriend has just bought a 2004 A3 and we received two keys with it. Unfortunately one of the keys doesn't unlock the doors via the buttons and as well as change the battery I've tried every method I could find to resync it.

I finally gave up, thinking the key was broken, and bought a new key (same part no) from a certain auction site. The new key arrived but I cannot sync this either. I'd say I'm technically minded so this is starting to annoy me.

Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong? I have VCDS if that can help.

Thanks for your time

You can synch it using VCDS so that it locks/unlocks but I've never done it so someone else will be along to explain.

However, you will not be able to start the car with the new key because the one-off immobiliser chip inside will not work with the immobiliser in the car. For this to work you need to get a new chip and have it coded with a code, part of which is only available from Audi Germany. That's why dealers charge up to £200 for a new key !

Thanks for getting back to me.

I already have the chip from the second key which wouldn't open he doors. This works fine and I can start he car. It's jut the central locking I'm having problems with.

You will need the skc,code from clocks/dash , unless you have it. might be on a scratch off panel with the keys /in handbook case.
Then you can reprogramme the keys using vcds

Cheers, but does anyone know the correct VCDS procedure for her 2004 1.6?

When the remote part of one of my original keys started to play up I bought a second hand one one Ebay, put the two together and tried to sync using the instruction in the manual - no joy. Found out why, when I then got my VCDS out - the remote module in my 2005 A3, can only have two remotes paired to it.

Beware when you program with VCDS, you will need both remotes available, that you want to use with the car, as the proceedure involves deleting all stored remotes and then adding the two that you want.

Paul

When the remote part of one of my original keys started to play up I bought a second hand one one Ebay, put the two together and tried to sync using the instruction in the manual - no joy. Found out why, when I then got my VCDS out - the remote module in my 2005 A3, can only have two remotes paired to it.

Beware when you program with VCDS, you will need both remotes available, that you want to use with the car, as the proceedure involves deleting all stored remotes and then adding the two that you want.

Paul

Cheers mate, that worked great.

I had to make sure that I erased all matchings on channel 00 first. Then on channel 01 I entered 2, hit save and pressed the unlock button on both remotes.

Now working and I'm a happy bunny! :)