Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

Resyncing my key fob

Hi folks, I know that there are a million topics on this issue but I just can't find an answer that helps me.

The girlfriend has just bought a 2004 A3 and we received two keys with it. Unfortunately one of the keys doesn't unlock the doors via the buttons and as well as change the battery I've tried every method I could find to resync it.

I finally gave up, thinking the key was broken, and bought a new key (same part no) from a certain auction site. The new key arrived but I cannot sync this either. I'd say I'm technically minded so this is starting to annoy me.

Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong? I have VCDS if that can help.

Thanks for your time

2. # ADS
    ADS

Fossie

Status
    You can synch it using VCDS so that it locks/unlocks but I've never done it so someone else will be along to explain.

However, you will not be able to start the car with the new key because the one-off immobiliser chip inside will not work with the immobiliser in the car. For this to work you need to get a new chip and have it coded with a code, part of which is only available from Audi Germany. That's why dealers charge up to £200 for a new key !

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for getting back to me.

I already have the chip from the second key which wouldn't open he doors. This works fine and I can start he car. It's jut the central locking I'm having problems with.

5th Gear

Status
    You will need the skc,code from clocks/dash , unless you have it. might be on a scratch off panel with the keys /in handbook case.
    Then you can reprogramme the keys using vcds

5th Gear

Status
    you only need the code to program the imob, the locks can be done just with vcds
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

Reverse Gear

Status
    Cheers, but does anyone know the correct VCDS procedure for her 2004 1.6?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Do you have a genuine vcds?

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

6th Gear

Status
    When the remote part of one of my original keys started to play up I bought a second hand one one Ebay, put the two together and tried to sync using the instruction in the manual - no joy. Found out why, when I then got my VCDS out - the remote module in my 2005 A3, can only have two remotes paired to it.

Beware when you program with VCDS, you will need both remotes available, that you want to use with the car, as the proceedure involves deleting all stored remotes and then adding the two that you want.

Paul
    2011 (MY12) Skoda Octavia II FL VRS Manual Hatch 2.0Tsi in Race Blue.
    Gone not forgotten -
    2005 Black A3 (8P1) S-Line 2.0TDi DSG. Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD shocks and a few bling bits inside.
    Revo 99 GTi Turbo, too much to list mod wise.
    92 Golf Gti Mark 2 16V.

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gti Jazz Blue View Post
    When the remote part of one of my original keys started to play up I bought a second hand one one Ebay, put the two together and tried to sync using the instruction in the manual - no joy. Found out why, when I then got my VCDS out - the remote module in my 2005 A3, can only have two remotes paired to it.

Beware when you program with VCDS, you will need both remotes available, that you want to use with the car, as the proceedure involves deleting all stored remotes and then adding the two that you want.

Paul
    Cheers mate, that worked great.

I had to make sure that I erased all matchings on channel 00 first. Then on channel 01 I entered 2, hit save and pressed the unlock button on both remotes.

Now working and I'm a happy bunny! :-)