Does anyone know what these a3 alloys are?

gizm0

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking at getting a new set of alloys for my A3, I'm after a wider stance though. My girlfriend has alloys that came on her A3 that give it a wider stance like I'm after. Could anyone tell me the offset of the standard alloy wheels? I've added some photos of my girlfriends alloys to show what they are and how much more they stick out compared to mine. Is anyone able to either tell me what the alloys are or what offset etc they are so I can get my wheels in a similar setup.

Thanks in advance

My girlfriends wheels....

7f50ed50.jpg

97d165c9.jpg

12d24c45.jpg

1ace1fe6.jpg

And here is a couple of photos of my alloys...

dc0a63a4.jpg

04270316.jpg

48d58e07.jpg

b9b8fa8c.jpg

take both wheels off and look at the offset numbers. they'll be stamped or cast in numbers on the back of one of the spokes.
sumurt like 8jx17 et37.
the lower the et number the more they'll stick out of the arch.
yours might be et45, your lasses wheels might be et28?

your alloys are standard fit im guessing s-line ones they are et52 the wheels on your girfriends a3 look like reps to me pal so are more than likely et45 like mine are

I would say that yours are standard sline ones if you want them to look your gfs ones just space them out a lot cheaper then buying new alloys mate maybe your gfs ones are reps with a lower et that why they stick out more

The 5-spoke RS6-style wheels on your S-Line are an OEM fitment, whereas the ones on your GF's might either be aftermarket copies or from an A4 or A6 S-Line.

They're not supposed to protrude beyond the wheel arches. A picky copper could do you for it.

Cheers for the advice guys, I'll get them off tomorrow n have a look.

Fran- do you have a pic of how yours sits with your alloys?

Im after a different style of alloys so spacing these out isn't an option for me. The ones I'm looking at are ET42 would I have any issues of I decided to lower the car slightly?

As for the police comment, she's been fine for two years n im
sure of one was being picky I'm sure an innocent flutter of the eyelashes would sort it lol. Plus it's only illegal if the tread is sticking out as I already checked with a traffic officer I know :)

Offset 42 should be orite, but no less, i think it's between 45-52 the ideal offset, you should be safe. As for the two alloys, yours are OEM's and hers are reps, you can tell by the detailing around the wheel nuts.

Cheers Danny, would 42 be ok being lowere slighly?

Yeah I had a feeling hers were reps for some reason, she loves them sstill though! :)

OK so I had both wheels off yesterday, my standard alloys are ET 54 and hers didn't have an ET number on. The only number I could find was the number 35 on its own but I imagine that can't be the ET as they would stick out alot more if it was that?

OK so I had both wheels off yesterday, my standard alloys are ET 54 and hers didn't have an ET number on. The only number I could find was the number 35 on its own but I imagine that can't be the ET as they would stick out alot more if it was that?

They probably are ET35, if they're reps they were probably meant for an A4 rather than an A3 so it gives them a bit more 'poke' than the standard rims when fitted.

You'll probably find that the rear tyres will rub on the wheel arches if you go over a big bump or dip in the road or when you've got a couple of adults in the back.

Ok thanks, the gf's do rub on the arch liners if she has two adults in the back and hits a bump but she rarely has that many people in and so do I.