Audi Service History record

Pricy

Reaction score
I bought my A3 with 80,000 miles and a full Audi Service History. I assumed (or the seller told me, can't quite remember :think:) that the timing belt had been changed as Audi recommend this is done around 75,000.

After checking through my service record book I've noticed that a timing belt change hasn't actually been recorded in there, however I have a 'Vehicle service history guarantee' from ALD automotive who were the fleet management company that owned the vehicle before me.

This guarantee says that the timing belt was changed by Halesowen Audi in the west mids at 72,004 miles at a cost of £263.64.

Now I was just wondering if I was to ring Halesowen Audi and give them the vehicle details if they could check back over there records and confirm if this is actually the case?

Also do you think they would stamp the service book to say this was done?

Give them a call mate and they should be able to tell you as it will be recorded on their system.
Also yes, the book should be stamped but I have experienced many times in the past when the main dealer have forgot to stamp the book after the services.
If the job has been done, then bring the book to them or send in if too far and they should be able to stamp and back date it.

A service stamp is a service stamp. If a cam belt is done on its own, without a service, then it wont be noted in your service book. You have the invoice and relevant paper work to prove it so that's enough in my eyes.

A service stamp is a service stamp. If a cam belt is done on its own, without a service, then it wont be noted in your service book. You have the invoice and relevant paper work to prove it so that's enough in my eyes.

Mine was.

Either way, call the garage & they can confirm exactly what was done & even what parts were used/replaced if you need to know.

Yes it will. There is a place in the service book to record cambelt change (and stamp) - I have one !

So you just had a cam belt done on its own and you had your service book stamped?

But was it done as part of a service? I had a cam belt done (just the cam belt) on a previous car and the book wasn't stamped and I assumed it was because a interval service wasn't carried out at the same time. Maybe I'm wrong :think:

But was it done as part of a service? I had a cam belt done (just the cam belt) on a previous car and the book wasn't stamped and I assumed it was because a interval service wasn't carried out at the same time. Maybe I'm wrong :think:

If you get the cambelt changed, regardless of servicing, you just ask whoever has done it to mark the mileage in the book and stamp and date it with their official stamp.

Stamped and dated that the cambelt had been changed including the mileage recorded. Why do you sound surprised ?

+1

Had my cambelt done in its own and had a full Audi stamp, date, mileage and toothed belt box ticked.

Spot on, thanks guys. I'll give the said dealer a call tomorrow and see if they can help!!