Chris NottVolks Autos
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 50
  1. #1
    dakmaster's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    81

    Part exchange offer from Audi

    Hi all, I'm thinking of part choppin my A3 BE TDI (140) in for another Audi, it's 3 months old 1800 miles, no extras.

    Audi dealership has offered me £19500 not sure what to do, the only thing annoying me is i will have a 3 month wait for a new one, but they say they probably wouldn't give me 19500 in three months time. Now it's not my fault i have to wait, my price goes down but Audi's doesn't.

    Do you think £19500 is a fair part ex?

    Thanks

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    561
    How much did you pay originally? Chopping in at 3 months is going to cost you a pretty penny. What are you looking at getting?

  4. #3
    A3Kent's Avatar
    Different Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,026
    3 months and you already want to part ex? You are throwing money down the drain pal!

  5. #4
    dakmaster's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    81
    Paid £21000 but told them i paid more. Looking to get an A1 BE with a few extras, not sure whether to leave it another year?
    Quote Originally Posted by Minstadave View Post
    How much did you pay originally? Chopping in at 3 months is going to cost you a pretty penny. What are you looking at getting?

  6. #5
    dakmaster's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    81
    Yeah i keep telling myself that
    Quote Originally Posted by A3Kent View Post
    3 months and you already want to part ex? You are throwing money down the drain pal!

  7. #6
    rOb_A's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    cheshire
    Posts
    1,485
    an A1

    sorry lad


  8. #7
    audicruiser's Avatar
    Audi Heaven

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    1,850
    Quote Originally Posted by A3Kent View Post
    3 months and you already want to part ex? You are throwing money down the drain pal!
    Agreed! Chopping a car in after 3 months is criminal financially! I understand wanting an A1, they are a nice car and shouldn't be seen as a lesser car to the A3. The A1 appeals to a different market!

    I would wait another year before getting rid though....
    Scott

    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

  9. #8
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    561
    Hold on and upgrade to a new A3.
    Last edited by Minstadave; 21st June 2012 at 19:23.

  10. #9
    rOb_A's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    cheshire
    Posts
    1,485
    I've driven the A1 and its not to my liking. what market is the A1in?
    me think mini is better value.

  11. #10
    dakmaster's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    81
    I had a test drive in an A1 and really liked it, i know alot of people say the mini is a good drive, but i can't stand the interior; that dartboard in the middle, a big no no for me, but thanks for your views. I need the positives and negatives.
    Quote Originally Posted by bloblob2 View Post
    I've driven the A1 and its not to my liking. what market is the A1in?
    me think mini is better value.

  12. #11
    audigex's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    555
    If you can pretend that diesel cost you £15 per litre, that's about what you'll have lost on the car for the number of miles you've done. Or £700 depreciation every time you filled the tank.
    Ibis White A3 Sportback Black Edition.
    2.0 TDI (170) Quattro
    Pics


  13. #12
    rOb_A's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    cheshire
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by audigex View Post
    If you can pretend that diesel cost you £15 per litre, that's about what you'll have lost on the car for the number of miles you've done. Or £700 depreciation every time you filled the tank.


  14. #13
    dakmaster's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    81
    Anyway getting back on topic, do you think 19500 is a fair price

  15. #14
    rOb_A's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    cheshire
    Posts
    1,485
    the TLP for BE is around £24k, so within 3 months the car has lost £4.5k or £1.5k/mth. this works out to something like a 20% loss in 3 months. i think the figures speak for themselves. think my sums are right but I'm no bean counter

    not the right time to sell unless the deal for the A1 works in your favour.

  16. #15
    Zak0123's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Cambridgeshire
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by bloblob2 View Post
    an A1

    sorry lad

    Agreed! Your car is beautiful mate why would you want an A1 instead!? Sorry to push it off topic just my opinion
    Brilliant Black 61 Plate A3 1.6 TDI

    Mods: S3 BE 5 Spoke Rotor Wheels with Goodyear EfficientGrip
    , AppRadio 2, 80% tints, Diamond Vision Headlights

  17. #16
    cloughy's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    515
    £19500 way off the mark, better off selling private

    you can check value here

    http://yoc.whatcar.com/valuations

  18. #17
    eddyd's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by dakmaster View Post
    Anyway getting back on topic, do you think 19500 is a fair price
    I think it is.
    On Drive the deal website there is around 15% discount at the minute on new A3's. I think it's a very good trade price considering the dealer always takes a large cut. They could drop it by 1-2K in 3 months though

  19. #18
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    760
    I'm in the same situation with my A4 BE. Its 3 months old, 3500 miles, and been offered only £27500. Gonna take it though. Audi don't make diesels like their competition do, so gotta chop it in and move to the dark side personally.
    Looking for the right A4 Quattro. 1.9 TDI / 1.8T or 2.0T...
    My A4:http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b8-chassis/125399-my-brief.html



  20. #19
    audicruiser's Avatar
    Audi Heaven

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    1,850
    Quote Originally Posted by dakmaster View Post
    Anyway getting back on topic, do you think 19500 is a fair price
    Yeah I think it is... You said you only paid £21k for it so that's not bad in 3 months. The car was around £24k new, take off 20% VAT from that and your not far off your trade in price you've been quoted.
    Scott

    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

  21. #20
    dakmaster's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    81
    So, the deal has been done. I managed to get £20000, and £500 off the price of the A1. Bearing in mind that i have to wait 3 months for the new car, they are going to honour the price when i pick it up.

    I got in touch with orangewheel's who were offering £1100 off the list price on the A1, so they did some ringing around for me and the best offer they could come up with was £18000 for my car. So all in all i am quite happy with the deal.

    And the morale of the story is, get your decision right in the first place

  22. #21
    paddy's Avatar
    Audi=No fault code, no idea

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    5,135
    A £1500 hit after 3 months is bloody good !! I will off load the S3 soon as i never use it now and i bet i am looking at a £10k hit in 12 months !!
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

    Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

  23. #22
    Chugger

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    North Devon
    Posts
    2,716
    Quote Originally Posted by dakmaster View Post
    So, the deal has been done. I managed to get £20000, and £500 off the price of the A1. Bearing in mind that i have to wait 3 months for the new car, they are going to honour the price when i pick it up.

    I got in touch with orangewheel's who were offering £1100 off the list price on the A1, so they did some ringing around for me and the best offer they could come up with was £18000 for my car. So all in all i am quite happy with the deal.

    And the morale of the story is, get your decision right in the first place
    I think you done alright there, you always hear horror stories on how much you lose driving away from the showroom, but that doesn't seem too bad!
    57 A3 2.0 TDI Sportback (140)

  24. #23
    rOb_A's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    cheshire
    Posts
    1,485
    so whats the spec of the A1?

  25. #24
    dakmaster's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    81
    A1 2.0 tdi BE
    Daytona grey
    Bose
    Cruise control
    Technology pack
    Auto dim mirror
    Folding door mirrors
    Front cenre armrest
    Quote Originally Posted by bloblob2 View Post
    so whats the spec of the A1?

  26. #25
    rOb_A's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    cheshire
    Posts
    1,485
    Q: why do you prefer the A1 over the A3?

  27. #26
    dakmaster's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    81
    I wasn't overly keen on the A1 at first, but it has really grown on me. I love the aggresive looks of the front end, and the shoulder line from back to front. Whilst my A3 is great looking car that's excellent to drive, i just think it's looking a bit tired now, especially now the new A3 is here.
    I thought the seats were more comfortable in the A1, If i could take the center console and place it in the A1, happy days.
    Quote Originally Posted by bloblob2 View Post
    Q: why do you prefer the A1 over the A3?

  28. #27
    A3Kent's Avatar
    Different Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,026
    Give it 3 months and you'll be wanting another A3

  29. #28
    rOb_A's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    cheshire
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by dakmaster View Post
    I wasn't overly keen on the A1 at first, but it has really grown on me. I love the aggresive looks of the front end, and the shoulder line from back to front. Whilst my A3 is great looking car that's excellent to drive, i just think it's looking a bit tired now, especially now the new A3 is here.
    I thought the seats were more comfortable in the A1, If i could take the center console and place it in the A1, happy days.
    fair answer.. when i drove the courtesy A1, i thought the front wheels were dragging the body around but may have been down to the engine i had in it. imo it very feminine in shape, it hasn't got the unisex look of a mini cooper s. sorry lad just my opinions but good luck with new wheels when it arrives

  30. #29
    Juicy Jen's Avatar
    Jen – Juicy Detailing

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    County Durham
    Posts
    835
    Daytona Grey is definitely a good choice in colour. Personally I wasn't overly keen on the A1 when they came out either but it has grown on me the more I've seen on the road......

    Good luck and I hope it's just the three months that your waiting as Audi can be pretty poor with their delivery times.

    I know it's too late now but you should have tried Harrogate Audi for a quote they've done quite a few good deals for guys on here including ourselves as we managed to get over 10% off the cost of a new S3

    Authorised Sponsor of Audi-Sport.net with exclusive offers for members

    2012 8P3 AKA The Green Goblin in Exclusive Java Green, Stage 1 Shark bite







  31. #30
    dakmaster's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    81
    I know what you're saying, imo some models do look a bit feminine, but with the right wheels and colour they can look completely different. Check out the A1 section (audi A1 136 kw) now that is a fine example
    Quote Originally Posted by bloblob2 View Post
    fair answer.. when i drove the courtesy A1, i thought the front wheels were dragging the body around but may have been down to the engine i had in it. imo it very feminine in shape, it hasn't got the unisex look of a mini cooper s. sorry lad just my opinions but good luck with new wheels when it arrives

  32. #31
    dakmaster's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    81
    Thanks jen, maybe a quick phonecall to harrogate in the morning, as i haven't signed any paperwork yet. I'm not going to my dealership until tomorrow afternoon.

    As for delivery times, i will definitely take with a pinch of salt. That's why i asked them to honour my part ex until the new car arrives!
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicy Jen View Post
    Daytona Grey is definitely a good choice in colour. Personally I wasn't overly keen on the A1 when they came out either but it has grown on me the more I've seen on the road......

    Good luck and I hope it's just the three months that your waiting as Audi can be pretty poor with their delivery times.

    I know it's too late now but you should have tried Harrogate Audi for a quote they've done quite a few good deals for guys on here including ourselves as we managed to get over 10% off the cost of a new S3

  33. #32
    dakmaster's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    81
    If i had 28k spare, i'd have the new A3 in a heartbeat
    Quote Originally Posted by A3Kent View Post
    Give it 3 months and you'll be wanting another A3

  34. #33
    PH1L's Avatar
    Gievf Buckets

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Forfar, Scotland
    Posts
    3,862
    If I'd get more for the s3 of trade it for an a1 with a very high spec


    2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

    Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

    Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

    Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

    Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

  35. #34
    audicruiser's Avatar
    Audi Heaven

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    1,850
    Quote Originally Posted by bloblob2 View Post
    fair answer.. when i drove the courtesy A1, i thought the front wheels were dragging the body around but may have been down to the engine i had in it. imo it very feminine in shape, it hasn't got the unisex look of a mini cooper s. sorry lad just my opinions but good luck with new wheels when it arrives
    I'd buy an A1 over a Cooper for purely that reason... I think the A1 is less feminine than the Cooper plus the A1 is available in 5dr, the Cooper isn't unless you want to go to that awful looking Countryman!
    Scott

    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

  36. #35
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    561
    Quote Originally Posted by bloblob2 View Post
    fair answer.. when i drove the courtesy A1, i thought the front wheels were dragging the body around but may have been down to the engine i had in it. imo it very feminine in shape, it hasn't got the unisex look of a mini cooper s. sorry lad just my opinions but good luck with new wheels when it arrives
    Mini Cooper unisex? It's the most feminine car available, it's more of a fashion accessory than a car.

  37. #36
    rOb_A's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    cheshire
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Minstadave View Post
    Mini Cooper unisex? It's the most feminine car available, it's more of a fashion accessory than a car.
    cooper S .........

  38. #37
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    561
    That S doesn't save it from being a girls car. Just makes it a warm girls car.

  39. #38
    dakmaster's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by Minstadave View Post
    Mini Cooper unisex? It's the most feminine car available, it's more of a fashion accessory than a car.
    As i said in an earlier post, what's that dartboard in the middle of the dash for A game of round the clock when stuck in traffic? it's dreadful And as for plastic wheel arch trims?

  40. #39
    964kevin's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    94
    Depreciation on a 2.0l tdi is according to Audi UK. 35p per mile.

    Do the math.


    Kevin

  41. #40
    rOb_A's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    cheshire
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by dakmaster View Post
    As i said in an earlier post, what's that dartboard in the middle of the dash for A game of round the clock when stuck in traffic? it's dreadful And as for plastic wheel arch trims?
    for me its a better drive but that A1 BE you mentioned is starting to convince me

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Parts still available from Audi
    By maxp in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 6th June 2010, 19:38
  2. 2009 RNS-E DVD Disc offer from Audi
    By scbduke in forum Satellite Navigation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28th September 2009, 20:25
  3. Audi finance, part exchange and not happy customer
    By k84 in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 24th July 2009, 20:59
  4. Genuine Audi parts from Audi dealers on ebay
    By cdb2 in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 19th February 2006, 10:24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO