Part exchange offer from Audi

dakmaster

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm thinking of part choppin my A3 BE TDI (140) in for another Audi, it's 3 months old 1800 miles, no extras.

Audi dealership has offered me £19500 not sure what to do, the only thing annoying me is i will have a 3 month wait for a new one, but they say they probably wouldn't give me 19500 in three months time. Now it's not my fault i have to wait, my price goes down but Audi's doesn't.

Do you think £19500 is a fair part ex?

Thanks

How much did you pay originally? Chopping in at 3 months is going to cost you a pretty penny. What are you looking at getting?

3 months and you already want to part ex? You are throwing money down the drain pal! :wacko:

Paid £21000 but told them i paid more. Looking to get an A1 BE with a few extras, not sure whether to leave it another year?
How much did you pay originally? Chopping in at 3 months is going to cost you a pretty penny. What are you looking at getting?

3 months and you already want to part ex? You are throwing money down the drain pal! :wacko:

Agreed! Chopping a car in after 3 months is criminal financially! I understand wanting an A1, they are a nice car and shouldn't be seen as a lesser car to the A3. The A1 appeals to a different market!

I would wait another year before getting rid though....

Hold on and upgrade to a new A3.

Last edited:
I've driven the A1 and its not to my liking. what market is the A1in?
me think mini is better value.

I had a test drive in an A1 and really liked it, i know alot of people say the mini is a good drive, but i can't stand the interior; that dartboard in the middle, a big no no for me, but thanks for your views. I need the positives and negatives.
I've driven the A1 and its not to my liking. what market is the A1in?
me think mini is better value.

If you can pretend that diesel cost you £15 per litre, that's about what you'll have lost on the car for the number of miles you've done. Or £700 depreciation every time you filled the tank.

If you can pretend that diesel cost you £15 per litre, that's about what you'll have lost on the car for the number of miles you've done. Or £700 depreciation every time you filled the tank.

:faint:

Anyway getting back on topic, do you think 19500 is a fair price:think:

the TLP for BE is around £24k, so within 3 months the car has lost £4.5k or £1.5k/mth. this works out to something like a 20% loss in 3 months. i think the figures speak for themselves. think my sums are right but I'm no bean counter

not the right time to sell unless the deal for the A1 works in your favour.

£19500 way off the mark, better off selling private

you can check value here

http://yoc.whatcar.com/valuations

I think it is.
On Drive the deal website there is around 15% discount at the minute on new A3's. I think it's a very good trade price considering the dealer always takes a large cut. They could drop it by 1-2K in 3 months though

I'm in the same situation with my A4 BE. Its 3 months old, 3500 miles, and been offered only £27500. Gonna take it though. Audi don't make diesels like their competition do, so gotta chop it in and move to the dark side personally.

Yeah I think it is... You said you only paid £21k for it so that's not bad in 3 months. The car was around £24k new, take off 20% VAT from that and your not far off your trade in price you've been quoted.

So, the deal has been done. I managed to get £20000, and £500 off the price of the A1. Bearing in mind that i have to wait 3 months for the new car, they are going to honour the price when i pick it up.

I got in touch with orangewheel's who were offering £1100 off the list price on the A1, so they did some ringing around for me and the best offer they could come up with was £18000 for my car. So all in all i am quite happy with the deal.

And the morale of the story is, get your decision right in the first place:uhm:

A £1500 hit after 3 months is ****** good !! I will off load the S3 soon as i never use it now and i bet i am looking at a £10k hit in 12 months !!

So, the deal has been done. I managed to get £20000, and £500 off the price of the A1. Bearing in mind that i have to wait 3 months for the new car, they are going to honour the price when i pick it up.

I got in touch with orangewheel's who were offering £1100 off the list price on the A1, so they did some ringing around for me and the best offer they could come up with was £18000 for my car. So all in all i am quite happy with the deal.

And the morale of the story is, get your decision right in the first place:uhm:

I think you done alright there, you always hear horror stories on how much you lose driving away from the showroom, but that doesn't seem too bad!

I wasn't overly keen on the A1 at first, but it has really grown on me. I love the aggresive looks of the front end, and the shoulder line from back to front. Whilst my A3 is great looking car that's excellent to drive, i just think it's looking a bit tired now, especially now the new A3 is here.
I thought the seats were more comfortable in the A1, If i could take the center console and place it in the A1, happy days.
Q: why do you prefer the A1 over the A3? :think:

Give it 3 months and you'll be wanting another A3:yes:

I wasn't overly keen on the A1 at first, but it has really grown on me. I love the aggresive looks of the front end, and the shoulder line from back to front. Whilst my A3 is great looking car that's excellent to drive, i just think it's looking a bit tired now, especially now the new A3 is here.
I thought the seats were more comfortable in the A1, If i could take the center console and place it in the A1, happy days.

fair answer.. when i drove the courtesy A1, i thought the front wheels were dragging the body around but may have been down to the engine i had in it. imo it very feminine in shape, it hasn't got the unisex look of a mini cooper s. sorry lad just my opinions but good luck with new wheels when it arrives :salute:

Daytona Grey is definitely a good choice in colour. Personally I wasn't overly keen on the A1 when they came out either but it has grown on me the more I've seen on the road......

Good luck and I hope it's just the three months that your waiting as Audi can be pretty poor with their delivery times.

I know it's too late now but you should have tried Harrogate Audi for a quote they've done quite a few good deals for guys on here including ourselves as we managed to get over 10% off the cost of a new S3

I know what you're saying, imo some models do look a bit feminine, but with the right wheels and colour they can look completely different. Check out the A1 section (audi A1 136 kw) now that is a fine example:thumbsup:
fair answer.. when i drove the courtesy A1, i thought the front wheels were dragging the body around but may have been down to the engine i had in it. imo it very feminine in shape, it hasn't got the unisex look of a mini cooper s. sorry lad just my opinions but good luck with new wheels when it arrives :salute:

Thanks jen, maybe a quick phonecall to harrogate in the morning, as i haven't signed any paperwork yet. I'm not going to my dealership until tomorrow afternoon.

As for delivery times, i will definitely take with a pinch of salt. That's why i asked them to honour my part ex until the new car arrives!
Daytona Grey is definitely a good choice in colour. Personally I wasn't overly keen on the A1 when they came out either but it has grown on me the more I've seen on the road......

Good luck and I hope it's just the three months that your waiting as Audi can be pretty poor with their delivery times.

I know it's too late now but you should have tried Harrogate Audi for a quote they've done quite a few good deals for guys on here including ourselves as we managed to get over 10% off the cost of a new S3

I'd buy an A1 over a Cooper for purely that reason... I think the A1 is less feminine than the Cooper plus the A1 is available in 5dr, the Cooper isn't unless you want to go to that awful looking Countryman!

Mini Cooper unisex? It's the most feminine car available, it's more of a fashion accessory than a car.

That S doesn't save it from being a girls car. Just makes it a warm girls car.

Mini Cooper unisex? It's the most feminine car available, it's more of a fashion accessory than a car.
As i said in an earlier post, what's that dartboard in the middle of the dash for:think: A game of round the clock when stuck in traffic? it's dreadful:puke: And as for plastic wheel arch trims?

As i said in an earlier post, what's that dartboard in the middle of the dash for:think: A game of round the clock when stuck in traffic? it's dreadful:puke: And as for plastic wheel arch trims?

for me its a better drive but that A1 BE you mentioned is starting to convince me :blush: