Service Due light has come on a few months after the service

Simon170TDI

Reaction score
Hi new to this forum and this is my first post.. well.. here goes.

My Service Due light has come on a few months after I have had my service done.. Will this be the fact that the garage may has just forgotten to reset the service clock or could it be that it needs servicing again?

I'm thinking it may have been a forgetful MOT guy that has not reset the service clock but if you have any advice it would be great to hear from you

How many miles have you done since last service?If it's up to 10K then you may need oil change and reset the service clock.

I've only done around 2k.. if that. I'm thinking the guy might have made a balls up. is there any way I can reset my clock?

so why would the garage have reset the service indicator when the light wasn't on?

They would reset after every service was completed wouldnt they? :/ Lets say the miles until next service was 2000 miles away if they didnt reset it then it wouldnt calculate the next service due date correctly.. Am I right in this or at the wrong end of the stick completely?

if it was audi then yes, anyone else probs no they would have no reason to reset a light that wasn't on

so you had the car serviced early before the car prompted you to? if so then more than likely the service schedule has not been reset and needs to be done. if you reset it now without changing the default values it will come up late on the next one. can be reset though vcds if you did want to do it yourself.

if it was audi then yes, anyone else probs no they would have no reason to reset a light that wasn't on

Ohh right.. I was under the impression that every garage that services your car would reset the service clock/service schedule as it seems the logical thing to do. Thanks for that I will keep that in mind next time I have the car serviced so they reset for me :) thanks.

so you had the car serviced early before the car prompted you to? if so then more than likely the service schedule has not been reset and needs to be done. if you reset it now without changing the default values it will come up late on the next one. can be reset though vcds if you did want to do it yourself.

Through the VCD's? How will I do this.. And Thanks

Looks like a cambelt change for me this month then.. thanks for info