How much for a bumper respray?

cdb2

Reaction score
Anyone know how much a rear bumper respray on a Sportback is likely to cost at the dealer?

Thanks.

i wouldnt take it to the dealer as i think they farm it out to a bodyshop,then wack on some extra for themselfs,best off finding out who they deal with and go straight to them?

The local VW franchise where I have bought a fair few cars from uses a local body shop even though they have there own. All the repairs on trade in's and new cars damaged in transit are handled by the local firm as it is cash in hand, cheaper than going through the body and theres no written record so as Tinka says I think you'll find that your audi dealer will farm it out.

The local B'shop to me charges £100 cash to spray a bumber.

J.

Bumper respray and rear parking sensor retrofit sounds like the real requirement /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Currently awaiting a reponse from Audi UK about my front bumper as the paint has started to peel off.
Taken it to my local dealers bodyshop and they have filed a defect report, either Audi are sending a representative to inspect the problem, or will give them the go-ahead to spray my bumper for me. Not in enough time for VW Festival Show n Shine though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

new rear bumper and respray after a small shunt up the **** by a young girl on a "2004 A3 sport" £525.
Bear in mind was "on insurance" and Audi/Mercedes authourised repairer.

Thanks, that's helpful. Just a paint job should be a fair bit less than that hopefully.

any bodyshop worth going to will charge £150 plus for a decent blow over, obviously this can rise dramatically depending on the condition of it, if it just light marks etc it wont be too dear but if it needs plastic welding or high build primer etc it will shoot up. also take into consideration that bumpers are flexible and so the materials cost more that painting a wing or bonnet.