VCDS Collant temp

POPOV

Reaction score
Anyone with knowledge in what the coolant temperature should be on the highway when just cruising?
Mine is about 81C and when i get in to town it goes to 79C when driving. When i stop the coolant temp will go up to 90 + and the fans will start as they should.
I need to confirm that the coolant temp should stay at 90C when driving normally. According to what i read on some forums it should always be 90C and if not the car will automatically push in more fuel and cause the rich status i have.

The cluster gauge itself will always show 90 C but i need to know what the real VCDS read should be.

VCDS should tell you the temperature range if you 'hover' over the appropriate measuring block ( I think ! )

VCDS should tell you the temperature range if you 'hover' over the appropriate measuring block ( I think ! )

It does, states 80 - 105 . But someone with another 2.0 TFSI engine told me their always stay on 90 C when reading with VCDS.

It can't stay exactly at 90. It is normal to be lower when cruising and to increaqse when stationary. You should worry if the temp sits below 80 even though the engine is running for a while or if it raises above 105 (and the fans don't start)

It can't stay exactly at 90. It is normal to be lower when cruising and to increaqse when stationary. You should worry if the temp sits below 80 even though the engine is running for a while or if it raises above 105 (and the fans don't start)

In other words my cooling is really effective and car ECU will not pull back on timing or add more fueling to correct things?

I don't know these details but I don't think you should worry.
If the temperature is not in the normal limits I think you'll notice side effects.
My temp sensor had a problem and did not show more than 55 degrees on vagcom so the ECU always ordered more fuel than needed thinking that the engine is still cold. Even if I wouldn't have seent the temp gauge I could tell there is something wrong because the MPG dropped very much.

I don't know these details but I don't think you should worry.
If the temperature is not in the normal limits I think you'll notice side effects.
My temp sensor had a problem and did not show more than 55 degrees on vagcom so the ECU always ordered more fuel than needed thinking that the engine is still cold. Even if I wouldn't have seent the temp gauge I could tell there is something wrong because the MPG dropped very much.

In my case my AFR (lambda) are down to 0,70 so running rich. My MPG seems to be good but i can feel i have hesitation on full throttle. Just want to find the cause to my issue. So question is if 80 C will make the ECU push more fuel or not. I worry cause i have issue with my engine simply. Thankful for your input anyway =).

If anyone with VCDS can check when they are driving let me know.