Is my S3 mapped?

ADi Nuff Valves

Reaction score
Website
www.moodysky.co.uk
I think i've made up my mind who i'm going to get a map from for my S3. Before I spend a significant chunk of cash on it I would like to check that it's not already mapped. I've read something about using vagcom (which I have) to check the number of times the ECU has been flashed. In my old golf you could measure the air intake values from which the peak value (when ran through the rev range) should give you an indication of whether it's mapped or not. Will I be able to do the same on the Audi? Is there anything else I can log to check?

Thanks.

Surely checking the number of flashes would only prove it hasn't been mapped if 0, and prove absolutely nothing if anything higher? If Audi have reflashed the car for an update, or to get rid of a map, how would the number alone let you know? Get it on a rolling road, or get someone who knows what they're looking for to could log a set rev-run in VCDS and compare to stock values... check for revo stickers too - they're a dead giveaway!

Yeah the number of flashes would be an indicator only. I've heard some remaps can reset that counter too so probably best to ignore it. I was thinking a 3 gear pull from low down in the revs to the readline whilst logging air intake, boost etc if possible. Just wondered if anyone knew what groups off hand. I guess I'll hunt through vagcom tonight.

No Revo stickers in sight. I'm guessing it's not mapped already but don't want to fork out £400 to find my new map makes next to no difference.

Perhaps check the turbo boost pressures against stock un-chipped engine.

all good mapping companies would tell you if the cars been previously remapped

all good mapping companies would tell you if the cars been previously remapped

Think about what you've just said here and relay that back to the OP question. If he knew that info would he be asking the question....dont think so.

Best bet ADi would be to get a stock S3 and drive both............surely there are afew around you. That way you would know for sure as the S3 Stage 1 compared to stock is very noticeable........well the Shark map is anyway and I know the Revo map is more aggressive than the Shark item so you should be able to tell.

Last edited:
A REVO dealer can check if it has a REVO map.

Not definative but it at least it will eliminate REVO, at best it might pick the map up.

In an ideal world it picks up a REVO map with all setting at `0` then Bingo, you have a £600 map FOC. (optimistic I know but...)

Good luck

Borrow and plug in an Revo SPS switch, that will tell you if it has Revo software at least.