Single Din Head units / Fascias.. What have you got installed?

G

Goner

You have seen my Parrot thread, basically it's not as straight forward as it looks.

So I've started thinking about upgrading the head unit with Ipod function and Bluetooth built in.

This unit is the major contender at the moment..

Parrot - Parrot ASTEROID

It must be a single din unit, there is two things i need to know,

Firstly.. Will it look gash? The Concert unit i have now is longer than the Parrot head unit so i will need some sort of fascia adaptor, do these lookg crap?

Secondly do i need to be buying additional harness at £70 a pop because my system is half amped? I want something plug and play, i don't want to be buying this that and the other just to get it to work correctly.

Thanks

Post some pictures of your SINGLE DIN installs please, need to get an idea of what it will look like, i want to try and keep the red theme which the 8P2s have inside.

Thanks

so you dont have bose? do you have a mfsw?

personally i dont like the look of the single din aftermarket units on the A3s. i would say go all the way and double din it.

so you dont have bose? do you have a mfsw?

personally i dont like the look of the single din aftermarket units on the A3s. i would say go all the way and double din it.

No bose and i no MFSW..

Yeah i sorta agree with you mate that's why i'd like to see some photos of what different styles of units people have in there A3s, i don't want to purchase a unit and fit and then HATE the way it looks in the dash!

just get a unit like mine :)

these are from google images

audi_001.jpg

scaled.php

DSCF4567.jpg

DSCF1188.jpg

I've looked at the parrot asteroid. It looks like it should be great but some reviews seem to disagree.

Be interesting to see what other options people have come up with.

I too have an A3 8p single din. Would like to be able to hook up my iPhone. The more integrated the better :)

Gary

I've got an Alpine DVA-9861Ri installed in mine using the Audi single din faceplate available from Audi themselves.

There is probably a picture somewhere in the ICE section of the forum, installed it a couple of years ago.

I've got iPod full speed control and the iPod cable routed through to the glovebox.

You will need a power injector adapter to power the aerial amp on the tailgate and either a CAN-Bus emulator to get a power on signal, or just do what I have which was to find an ignition switched feed from the fusebox.

In the half amped system you will need a loom to feed the read speakers and sub.

Personally I run a fully active two way front end (using an Alpine PXA-H701) with a sub in a box and forget the rear speakers.

Paul

Paul

Get the jvc kd-avx77 - I happen to have a brand new one in its box for sale right next to me, that I will not be fitting as I have sold the car it was going in! ;)

It's a single din dvd head unit where the entire panel is touch screen. it has bluetooth built in, and ipod video control and playback via an optional lead that I have.

It looks great on or off.

Thanks for the photos, i'm still unsure as to whether it will look OK - single din that is. The double din units look great but i can't be ***** to spend the money in converting from single din to double din, that unit you have in your car Ash looks smart and probably would do everything i want it to do but i can't justify spending the brass on the conversion.

mate get it done! the parts for a double din conversion is around £170 brand new... cheaper if it can be sourced second hand.
then its a case of fitting or getting someone to fit and then the stereo...
If you want i can come and do the install for you?

mate get it done! the parts for a double din conversion is around £170 brand new... cheaper if it can be sourced second hand.
then its a case of fitting or getting someone to fit and then the stereo...
If you want i can come and do the install for you?

Lol thanks Ash. I've just booked my car in for the Parrot 9200i Bluetooth and Ipod kit, would all this still work with the RNSE?

Also when you say it's £170, that can't be for the double din AC unit as well surely?

You must be ****** good with the dremel mate?

Got any close up pics?