2009 S3 2.0TFSI Best Oil if I'm doing regular changes 7-10K

jaydav2306

Reaction score
As the titles says anyone have any recommendations? I am going to be doing regular changes every 7-10K I have heard Mobil and Fuchs are good but anyone know the exact details? (I did use the search function but it was information overload)

Thanks

Now i'm even more confused I thought 5W-30 was longlife???

i use 5W-30, true it is specified for long life but it is one of the better oils you can buy out there and if youre doing as regular services as youre doing complete wit a tin of flush it will be nearly completely clean when you drain it after 2 -3 services

OK cool but I am assuming any 5W 40 would also be ok fully synth especially if im changing reg right?

speak with oilman (tim) at opie oils. He will tell you all you need to know about which oil suits your car.

I use gulf competition 5/40 oil in my rs4 so would think something like that would suit your car.

i use 5w/40 when i initially buy a car with 5k flush services it would be fine for 7k but i wouldnt go any more with it

I am on the long life service plan with a brand new car. I don't like the sound of waiting circa 19K before a change so I was thinking of having the oil changed at ~10K and staying on the long life as I bought a service plan.

I dont understand how Audi work the servicing though as my car tells me that the inspection service and oil service happen at different times?

personally i use valvoline 5w30 fully synthetic. bout 10er a litre with my trade rate applied. i change my oil and filter every 3-5k anyways

4 litre Q8 'V' VW/Audi 507.1 fully syn 5w/30 is £19 from JTF warehouses

4 litre Q8 'V' VW/Audi 507.1 fully syn 5w/30 is £19 from JTF warehouses

Thanks for all the input, I think I'm going to go for every 5k to be safe and try the fully synth 5w40 think Mobil do a good one