What would you do? Ebay purchases for the Audi - Nothing like what was advertised.

max69vk

Reaction score
Thought I'd try to spruce up the interior of the A3 as even with all the alloy & silver trim the dash was looking a bit boring, after seeing some silver vents fitted in an A3 courtesy car I thought they'd be perfect for the job & went on an online hunt for them. After scouring ebay I managed to snag a set of 4 at a decent price so they were paid for & I waited for them to turn up...

Well they arrived today and rather than being a set of Audi originals as pictured it turns out they're a set of badly painted standard vents which are damaged & flaking, on top of that that the guy had charged an additional £5 on top of the actual cost postage to wrap them it a bit of kitchen roll & send them in a shoe box!

Now the guy is saying that he didn't know they weren't original despite them being covered in paint runs, overspray, & flaking paint. He's offered to refund the items but not the postage, which means that by the time I return them I'll be £20 out of pocket.
I know that in the scheme of things £20 isn't a huge amount, but its the principle that it was so ****** obvious that they weren't what was being advertised so I'm wondering why I should be losing out?

What would you do? Keep them & try to fix them or send them back (I'll load some pics once photobucket starts working again)?

If it was ebay i imagine it was via paypal? I'd recommend opening a dispute for the money and the posage charge back with picture proof mate, goodluck

I'm sure it wont be much - you'll get the original postage back.

Think about how I feel - I had to spend £30 sending something back to Germany which I never got back.

When you open a dispute in Paypal, sometimes you will get the postage costs back. Tell them clearly that the listing never stated the poor condition etc and send pics of what arrived. Worth a go. I was lucky when it happened to me and got all the money back. Good luck

claim back injury too, "the chair gave way when having to write this dispute form out"

On a more serious note, yeah go for a dispute claim and at least claw some of it back.

injury claim: "the vents looked so bad it hurt my eyes" £50 mill guaranteed!

I would ask him to offer a partial refund cause if you send it back you will loose your postage cost and ebay wont do anything about it. Just learn your lesson next time and ask him properly before you buy it :)))

Sensible advice, I would do as everybody else says and open a dispute straight away, ask for his address and send them back recorded delivery.

.......then 6 months from now turn up at his home at 3am and paint the words "c*ck-muncher!" in 6ft tall letters on his driveway, spread dog poo under his car door handles, ring his door bell and run home.

Reactions: A3_Black_Edition
Sensible advice, I would do as everybody else says and open a dispute straight away, ask for his address and send them back recorded delivery.

.......then 6 months from now turn up at his home at 3am and paint the words "c*ck-muncher!" in 6ft tall letters on his driveway, spread dog poo under his car door handles, ring his door bell and run home.

:ohmy:......... :laugh:

:jester:

Picture of the best one, doesnt show the overspray or screwdriver 'pry' mark round the edges too well...

cfcdfd48.jpg

487b61bb.jpg

114cbe0f.jpg

539b1652.jpg

According to Ebay rules, postage back is not part of the contract, I know I made sure when I had to receive something back recently from a disgruntled purchaser.///// not on here tho'

K

Well I've negotiated with the guy & ended up working out a partial refund, so all in all including the postage they've cost me... £18 for 4 vents!

Gotta be worth a punt at doing something with them for that price?!