Airbag light and Rear Wiper on my A3 TDI Sline 3 door.

MisterP

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a TDI 140 Sline 2004 (54). Had car on VAG Com a couple of weeks ago whilst at Midlands VW in Cannock. Thankfully no fault codes found. Two weeks later (yesterday Morning) the Airbag light decides that it wants to have a staring contest with me it looses and goes off. It is rather intermittant comes on when the car is switched on goes off after a 5-10 mins.

Any ideas what it could be. I am from Birmingham so if it requires another VAG Com connection, does anyone know anyone who is birmingham based that may be able to assist.

Also the wiper motor i think has packed in as the wiper has stopped in the middle of the rear windscreen. I have been looking on the 'bay' and I have seen a used motor from a 2002 mk4 tdi which looks the same and has a similar part number. As far as I am aware I need part number 8E9 955 711 E can anyone confirm. Also will parts with the same number but ending in A, B, C & D work on mine.

any help would be appreciated.

hi mate, my rear wiper stopped like yours so i just put the stalk in the action position with ignition on then went to the back of the car and with abit of force pushed the wiper from side to side and it freed up and worked again

Thanks mate I have been told that the motor needs replacing as the water sprinkler is leaking onto the boot lock if used so mite as well change it if required