Michelin Pilot 2s to Goodyear Eagle F1GSD3s

Eeef

Lord of War
Reaction score
Currently got Miches on mine at the moment, excellent grip but very noisy. Always had F1s on previous performance cars and was very impressed.

Has anyone made this move? Notice any difference? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

or made a move to any other tyre and noticed a noise improvement?

for what its worth i have pirelli p zero's on mine and their noisy,nothing to do with your two above Eeef but it will be interesting to see which tyre offers the best compromise,as road noise can be uncomfortable on a long journey.

[ QUOTE ]
Currently got Miches on mine at the moment, excellent grip but very noisy. Always had F1s on previous performance cars and was very impressed.

Has anyone made this move? Notice any difference? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

or made a move to any other tyre and noticed a noise improvement?

[/ QUOTE ]

I went from PS2 to F1's on my S4. They're definately quieter and I prefer them. They feel more grippy. Maybe the won't last as long but I'd rather have the performance over longevity.

First set of F1s on mine...they are just brilliant. You should be allowed spec tyres on your new car IMO.

I have used the F1's and thought they were brilliant, certainly use them when the Pirrellis need replacing.
Stunning in the wet.....

[ QUOTE ]
J, what have you got at the moment?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got the Pirelli Zero's, if yo uwant to blast my car down the m27 to see if they are quieter let me know.

J.

I had factory fit Dunlop Sport on mine previously and now have GSD III, certainly quieter than the dunlops plus grip is excellent but have to admit I am a real fan of these after switching to them on my Golf, I've not heard a bad thing about them apart from they can be a little soft but I noticed they have a tendancy to scrubb off quite quickly in the first 2/3K but then seem to settle down after that, I covered 14k on my last set when I sold the car - they still had plenty of tread on, hope this helps.

IMO great rubber /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

The pzero nero I have are much quieter than primacys. They still new but a vast improvement in all areas, haven't used them in the wet yet.

Just got a quote for 2 x F1s GSD3s..

Fitted balanced and vat included... £227

Not as scary as Kwik /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif quote of £353 to replace like for like PS2s.

[ QUOTE ]
Just got a quote for 2 x F1s GSD3s..

Fitted balanced and vat included... £227

Not as scary as Kwik /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif quote of £353 to replace like for like PS2s.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a storming price for 18's Eeef /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

i have had two sets of F1's on my Volvo T5, they were stunning when new, corners that were just do-able at 90mph in the dry could be taken at over 80 in the wet, very very good, BUT both sets after half worn lost a lot of grip, when looking at the tyre it looked like it had been overinflated, and the profile dipped down in the centre of the tread, i can assure you they had not been over inflated at all. The volvo now sits on Pilot sport 2's, now, they have got some dry grip!

Just found out that mytyres.co.uk are doing them in17" for £91 each including delivery.

Still have to get them fitted but seems like a good price?

Was also looking at Toyo T1-R @£80

I'm running F1's at the moment - very grippy (especially in the wet) and quieter than the standard tyres. I was also looking at Toyos, but decided against them in the end - the F1s are superb and whilst they may not last quite as long I feel I will be sticking to the road that much better.

Of course, the Michelin's I had were probably part of a batch that de-laminated at high speeds on banked corners approaching the last straight... thank God I changed them ;-)

I always found the F1's to have decent life in them. My old glf Gti T used to do around 16-17K on a set of fronts and twive that for the rears. This was wth the car chipped, I tried a set of Toyo's on it and could only manage 12K it was the same with my MCS that only managed 12K on the toyo's before they where shot.

The toyo's aren't very god in the wet either I found, brnad new they where ok but as soon as you put a few miles on them the wet grip went west.

J.