Can anyone photoshop a silver car to make it look black??

Calibos

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if it is possible to photoshop a silver car to make it look black? I saved a few of trident21's pics of his A3 with S-line boot spoiler, front votex skirt and 19in RS6 wheels and I think it looks the dogs danglies.

I would love to do the same now that finances allow but the only thing I am worried about is that this mod combo might not suit my brilliant black A3.

Is this possible or do peoples skills outside the professional Graphics Artist realm extend as far as photoshopping different alloys on a car which is amazing in itself but maybe my request is beyond the photoshopping skills of the 'hobbyist' photoshopper that might browse these forums.

I would be eternally grateful if it was possible and someone on here could do it.

I hope Trident doesn't mind me posting some of his pics or copying his car but imitation is the sincerest form of flattery as they say.

Quick and dirty effort but you get the picture...

Hope you dont mind trident21, let me know if you do and I'll remove them... (car looks great by the way)

36bz1.jpg

05uk.jpg

25ek.jpg

Sevosa,

You Sir, are an absolute legend! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

That is fantastic! Exactly what I was looking for. I really didn't expect it would be possible never mind that someone would/could do it so quick.

Fantastic mate! Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And Yes, after seeing that pic I am deffo proceeding with those mods.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

No probs.

I don't know why - but I'm strangely attracted to the A3 in white.

And I can't stand white cars. So go figure...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

I post this pic instead,,,
Black.jpg

and here is my car Pic

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

Excellent!! Didn't know the man himself was a photoshop expert too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

Any chance you could do the pic with the car on the grass and maybe that quarry one again.

Sevosa added window tints to his one (artistic licence?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) but I wont be getting tints myself (both from a legality standpoint and a 'wanting lovely ladies to see who's driving the car' standpoint...sad I know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) so could you redo it without tints Trident.

If its too much time/hassle then don't worry mate as both those pics by yourself and sevosa have already convinced me to do these mods.

BTW did you ever proceed with fitting the rest of the votex kit Trident. Think you would be mad as your car looks amazing as it is. [EDIT] just noticed you added the side skirts but not the rear. Nice! Deffo wouldn't add the rear skirt though, just seems to change the shape/flow of the car. The side skirts are actually quite subtle, moreso than I thought they were previously. Tis amazing, your car as it stands is slick and yet by merely adding the final piece, ie the rear skirt I think the full votex would just be too much.

One last thing whats the ride like on the 19's and is your car lowered and by how much, coilovers or springs etc etc

I should be getting started on these mods pretty soon as I was rear ended a few weeks ago which requires a new rear bumper and skirt. Just got the insurance cheque and I may as well get the body shop to source, fit and paint the spoiler and skirt at the same time. (Mightn't even cost as much as it should as I think my bodyshop gave the Insurance company a slightly high estimate if you know what i mean /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) Then its of to Rochford Tyres for some 19in RS6's and F1's

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Sevosa added window tints to his one (artistic licence?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) but I wont be getting tints myself (both from a legality standpoint and a 'wanting lovely ladies to see who's driving the car' standpoint...sad I know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) so could you redo it without tints Trident.

[/ QUOTE ]

Artistic licence? Nah just lazy! Couldn't be ar$ed to mask the windows...

...quick and dirty.

[ QUOTE ]
Nice work guys.

Sevosa, what is the colour of the 3rd car you featured.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what it's officially called, I don't think it's actually close to any official Audi colour.

Just somewhere between Black and White.

Grey then.

1111big.jpg

Can't be 100% sure, but I think they are the same design as the 18" wheel option (or standard in the UK) offered on the A3 Sportback S-Line package.

Just looking at that pic makes me realise that it does take 19" wheels to properly fill the arches.

.Looking at the pics again though Nelius it looks like the car may have been lowered a touch ?

Thanks for the info on the wheels, not sure at the moment wether I prefer BBS CH x 18" like on Mark N's car or these RS6 ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

****** hell thats a great way to decide which car and colour you like best!

[ QUOTE ]
.Looking at the pics again though Nelius it looks like the car may have been lowered a touch ?

Thanks for the info on the wheels, not sure at the moment wether I prefer BBS CH x 18" like on Mark N's car or these RS6 ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

In the end I'd say the RS6 since they would be easier to clean. Although I wasn't a big fan of them at the start, they've kinda grown on me. The RS6 wheels that is. All in all, I'd look elsewhere before making my decision on an investment such as this.

And yes, the car is lowered due to the S-Line suspension which is 25mm lower than standard.

25mm lower than standard or 25mm lower than sport?

Also the SLine in that pick looks like the front spoiler is missing

25mm lower than standard. 10mm lower than Sport I think. As for the spoiler, there is none. I think you're thinking of the optional S-Line exterior packet which came out after those pics.