What mods has this car had done?

Dan Chandler

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have just purchased my second A3 (first one being the 8L model) and i would like to know what mods the previous owner has had done to the car.

Its a 1.9tdi Sport in grey (any special name for the grey?). I don’t believe it is the S-Line model as the front bumper is the standard sport bumper, but it does have the S-Line wheels, rear spoiler(?) and S-Line badges on the door. I am also curious if the steering wheel is standard or not.

Can someone have a look at the photos below and let me know what’s standard and what’s not? I know the wing mirrors are aftermarket jobbies and I’m not sure if I like them or not.

I plan to get it remapped soon, not too hard as I don’t want to be messing around with the clutch. After remapping I may look into an air filter but would like to know everyone’s thoughts on this. Any recommendations on getting a bit more out of the 1.9 are very much appreciated.

Hope you like the car:

photo.jpg

audi-a3-hatchback-diesel_6242843.jpg

852268df.jpg

audi-a3-hatchback-diesel_6242846.jpg

Wheels ain't standard and neither is the spoiler looks like a sport model to me.

that isnt a s-line buddy it sits too high for a s-line for one , the spoiler is a votex one , it should have half leather too and s-line on the steering wheel so yeah its a sport

It is just a sport model a3 with sline wheels and the spoiler i think may be a votex aftermarket one. Car looks nice :) Colour is called dolphin grey btw

Chris

MakeAUDI
ModelA3 TDI SPORT
Year05-10-2006
Chassis No.WAUZZZ8P27A
Engine No.BXE
Fuel TypeDIESEL
Engine Capacity1896
Power (KW)77
Power (BHP)103
TransmissionMANUAL
No. of Gears5
Body Style 3 DOOR HATCHBACK
Cylinders4
Valves2
FWD/RWD/4WDFRONT
TECDOC-Type-No.

Vehicle data

Engine:
Ambition 1.9 TDI 77 kW 5-speed
Exterior color:
Delfin Grey Metallic
Interior color:
Seat cover: black-gray
Dashboard: black-black
Carpeting: black
Heaven: silver
Technical Details

Engine
Type of engine
In-line 4-cylinder, diesel engine, TDI direct injection, exhaust turbocharger with variable turbine geometry (VTG) and charge-air cooling, two-valve technology
Performance
Capacity
1896 cm3
Max Power
77/4000 kW at min -1
Max torque
250/1900 Nm at min -1
Engine management
Pump-nozzle injection, EDC 16
Emission Control System
Oxidation catalyst, exhaust gas recirculation cooler with switchable
Transmission
Drive
Front wheel drive, electronic differential lock EDL to all driven wheels, traction control system ASR and electronic stabilization program ESP with Brake Assist
Coupling
Hydraulically operated single-plate dry clutch with asbestos-free linings, dual-mass flywheel
Transmission
5-speed manual gearbox, synchromesh
Landing gear
Front
MacPherson struts with lower wishbones, aluminum subframe, tubular anti-
Rear axle
Four-link rear suspension with separate spring and shock absorber arrangement, subframe, tubular anti-
Tire
225/45 R 17
Wheels
Cast aluminum wheels 7.5 J x 17
Braking system
Braking system
Dual circuit brake system with diagonal split, ABS with EBD, hydraulic brake assist, two-stage characteristic of the brake booster (dual rate), disc brakes, front / rear: ventilated at front
Steering
Steering
Electromechanical, speed-sensitive steering assistance, restoring active support, automatic correction straight, track-stabilizing steering roll radius, approximately 10.7 m turning circle
Weight
Empty weight
1295 kg
Perm. Total Weight
1855 kg
Perm. Roof load / trailer nose weight
75/75 kg
Perm. Trailer load
no brakes
680 kg
12% slope
1400 kg
at 8% slope
1700 kg
Volume
Luggage capacity
350 l
Fuel tank capacity
Approximately 55 l
Mileage
Top speed
187 km / h
Acceleration 0-100 km / h
11.4 s
Consumption
Fuel
51 CN diesel
Fuel consumption (1999/100/EC)
urban
6.3 to 6.9 l
Non-Urban
4.1 to 4.4 l
overall
4.9 to 5.3 l
CO2 emissions
132-143 g / km
Insurance classes
Liability
Fully comprehensive
Partial coverage

MakeAUDI
ModelA3 TDI SPORT
Year05-10-2006
Chassis No.WAUZZZ8P27A
Engine No.BXE
Fuel TypeDIESEL
Engine Capacity1896
Power (KW)77
Power (BHP)103
TransmissionMANUAL
No. of Gears5
Body Style 3 DOOR HATCHBACK
Cylinders4
Valves2
FWD/RWD/4WDFRONT
TECDOC-Type-No.

Fairplay, your good. Thank you for the **** ton of info, very grateful. Could you remove the chassis no. from your post though, could it be duplicated or am I being too paranoid?

Over the moon with the car, the move from petrol to a tdi has definitely put the buzz back into the driving again. Before spending the money on a remap, is a £30 k& n air filter really going to make much difference? Change the sound of the engine? At 18 year old I fitted a £10 air filter to my mk3 5 door pimp wagon Astra - I was a badman - made it sound beefy when accelerating hard, will the k&n do the same? Can't see how as it's only a filter that replaced the original?

This is what I'm on about: AUDI A3 1.9/2.0 TDI 2003 - 2009 K&N AIR FILTER KN

Mirrors are definitely not standard either, and look too chrome to be OEM S3 ones.

ugly chrome stick on mirror covers, sline wheels, votex spoiler, stick on sline badges, steering wheel looks standard for sport model... also crappy audi stickers in front of rear arch... needs to be taken off!
other than that its a sport as advised earlier

Looks good mate. Defo need to get those Audi stickers off it. I'd be inclined to take the S-Line badges off too as i'm not a fan of trying to make a car look like something that it's not but that's personal opinion! Like I say though, looks like a nice car in good condition :sm4:

Thank you all, I did write a fairly long post about air filters and a few queries etc but its being reviewed for some reason. If its not posted today i will try and rewrite it tonight.