Cheap OEM Sat Nav

brandona4

Reaction score
Just found this on the GTI thread in Tyresmoke (no i don't know what i was doing there either) but it's really good.
Has anyone used them? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Linky

One of my mates tokd me about that site, but its 1399 not including installaton! so over 2k all in i reckon.

Thanks mate!! I had this in my favourites until I reinstall XP and lost it.

Far from cheap though. It's about twice the price of getting a unit from ebay and doing it yourself. Where are these people getting the units from (both ebayers and this lot)? You'd think Audi would have strong control of supply.

Installation shouldn't be £600!! A couple of hundred, including the parts (like a double din frame). Does it include VAT?!

Still too much money. I'd like to know where they source these things. Bet they get them for half that price.

You can buy a RNS-E unit, cable adapter for the power and speakers and an adapter for the aerial, plus a gps antenna for under €1-1200 on www.ebay.de.
This should then be a 30 minute install, very, very easy.

Also look in the ice section, CraigyB offers the units fitted for a £1000 included recoding your car if needed.

Have a look at group buy forums on uk-mkivs.net ... the guys were getting OEM VW/Audi sat nav for £399.

[ QUOTE ]
Installation shouldn't be £600!! A couple of hundred, including the parts (like a double din frame). Does it include VAT?!

Still too much money. I'd like to know where they source these things. Bet they get them for half that price.

[/ QUOTE ]

On their website it says A3 = £749?? Bargain....

I was told this guy from the GB could get any VAG unit...

He sells them from Poland...

That £749 is for the old Audi Nav Plus which is nowhere near as good as the latest DVD RNS-E which is quoted at £1399 plus fitting. Not even sure the old model would fit the latest A3 dash.

What mods need to be made to install the SAT NAV to a current dash with the concert 2 radio and climate? I understand the ESP, cup holder and flashers are moved else where (by the looks of the picture on audis website)?

Thanks Eeef, but missed it.

Again, where do these people get the units from to sell them on ebay?

Umm. Especially when many seem to be offered from Poland, of all places. Que?

The pictures also often do not match up to the description. There is only one model that fits the A3, (8P0 035 192), but there is one on offer on ebay at the moment which has the picture of something quite difference even though the description is for the A3 one.

By comparison, how much is this part from an Audi dealer, I wonder.

From the Audi dealer you can get them down to £1520+vat, that is what Audi UK pay for it.

Mmmm. Anyone got some asbestos gloves I could borrow?

PM CraigyB, he will do you an RNS-E unit fitted and the car coded for £1000 all in.