Need a clutch!

z1mma

Reaction score
Hey all,

Sach has failed on me, keeps slipping, i can prolly get away with it for a few months if i drive like the limiter is 3k, but after a few days its annoying already..

so what’s better then sach, i was thinking of going back to sach but with a SMF, are they any better then DMF? i looked at APS website and the single clutch kit go for around £1200 to £1400 and then id say about 2-300 for fitting, a lil expensive i think, but is it any better?

which ever clutch, i need it to be drivable and no load tractor noise at idle -.-

any suggestions?

im looking at getting it done in the next few day
Thanks

z1mma

Im only aware of this "spec"

and

LOBA Motorsport single mass flywheel and Sachs 550nm clutch plate ones

with apparent chatter and slightly unforgiving.

There must be a clutch setup like LUK DMF and sachs organic clutch with everyday quiet usability but with better performance/wear rate? but where.......

:-/

Hi mate speak to gnj Motorsport (graeme)on here ,he can get a sachs smf full kit for £810...

Hi mate speak to gnj Motorsport (graeme)on here ,he can get a sachs smf full kit for £810...

Thanks for that mate :)

I have run this kit for a while on my S3 now and it is great. The pedal is stiffer than standard but in no way is it like a paddle clutch or anything. Just a little stiffer than standard. I can drive it round town with ease.

It is rated up to 550nm which is around 405 lbs/ft.

No problem mate i would have got one off u ,but i want a newer car so just selling all my mods on now,and the car...

Last edited:
Maybe somebody with SMF from Loba Motorsport will share the experience. I'm really interested. DMF are made to fail sooner or later.