Chris NottBadger5
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OVRA3

Thread: help me my car has issues :(

1st Gear

Status

help me my car has issues :(

yesterday when driving home my coolant too hot or too low warning light came on. i checked the coolant level and it was below minimum even though a week before it was full so i topped it up the checked it and it seems to be slowly going down so i thought it may just be a leak because i dont have a loss of heat from heaters or an overheating engine so probs not gasket. this said, i just checked it and there is a very small amout of white stuff in oil cap which wasnt there before so what is up with it?
    no overheat problems yet and it is only draining slowly i.e. i leave it overnight and it has lost probs a cm of fluid from the coolant tank.

please help me

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Could be a leak from the radiator it's common, mine leaks a little needs topping up every few weeks but it is getting worse.. You need to be underneath it to see, you'll probably see some white residue if it is indeed leaking
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S-Line Quattro Stage 1 Tune it up - Lowestoft Custom Remap- 6187 RPM developing 260 bhp 279lbs ft Akoya Silver, Roof rails, Black heated Vienna Leather, Bose upgrade, Bluetooth

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesO View Post
    Could be a leak from the radiator it's common, mine leaks a little needs topping up every few weeks but it is getting worse.. You need to be underneath it to see, you'll probably see some white residue if it is indeed leaking
    ok i am taking it to the garage i got it from for them to take a look it seems to be ok just drains a bit faster when driving and tomorrow i am going to be doing a 120mile round trip so i just hope it can do that, its booked in for a check over on monday though

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkin View Post
    ok i am taking it to the garage i got it from for them to take a look it seems to be ok just drains a bit faster when driving and tomorrow i am going to be doing a 120mile round trip so i just hope it can do that, its booked in for a check over on monday though
    It shouldn't cost you to much to replace the rad just don't go to Audi.. Rads new cost from 75 quid up and it's not a big job to fit just bumper off.. Search on here and you will realise how common it is.
    Burkin likes this.
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S-Line Quattro Stage 1 Tune it up - Lowestoft Custom Remap- 6187 RPM developing 260 bhp 279lbs ft Akoya Silver, Roof rails, Black heated Vienna Leather, Bose upgrade, Bluetooth

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesO View Post
    It shouldn't cost you to much to replace the rad just don't go to Audi.. Rads new cost from 75 quid up and it's not a big job to fit just bumper off.. Search on here and you will realise how common it is.
    ok cheers

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkin View Post
    ok cheers
    Should of said as well if you've done short runs a little white under the oil cap is normal take it for a good run out and it will disappear

JS3
    1st Gear

Status
    Try some Radweld or similar? I seem to remember it was only £5 - could be a cheap fix? I have only tried it once and got a great result. Available from Halfords or equivalent.

H88
    1st Gear

Status
    I think the radiator is leaking,check underneath the car. I have the same issue,loosing coolant and I bough K seal and use it yesterday. I will report back in the next few days to see if there is any improvement.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by throttleaddict View Post
    Try some Radweld or similar? I seem to remember it was only £5 - could be a cheap fix? I have only tried it once and got a great result. Available from Halfords or equivalent.
    Think you need to be careful with radweld etc my mechanic said it can cause other issues within the system. I am no mechanic but if the leak is that bad just plump for a new rad as soon as you can...

1st Gear

Status
    Mines leaking, not been bad but it's getting worse like topping up every other day, I've got a new rad on order just waiting for it to come in then getting fitted, hopefully won't take long

1st Gear

Status
    so i filled it up again this morning, it hadnt leaked from night before but wanted it full as i did 200miles today, and it hasnt reduced at all, im getting coilovers fitted on tuesday so then i will ask him to have a quick look but seems fine for now