rns-e disc eject not working?

S.

Save the manuals
Reaction score
ok so, today rns-e 193g was retrofitted and coded. but it won't eject cd. it's stuck in there.
i've tried to eject it with vcds but it doesn't work. how can i take it out? does that mean that dvd unit isn't working?

Does it read the disc?

I think the only way to get stuck discs out is to take the unit out of the dash and remove the top cover, they don't give you a manual eject button.

it doesn't. it was an music disc.

it doesn't. it was an music disc.

You may be lucky and find that it just had issues with that particular disc and may work correctly with a navigation disc once you remove the stuck CD.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with CD's in an RNS-E - just leave the Navigation DVD in and use an SD card for music.

You may be lucky and find that it just had issues with that particular disc and may work correctly with a navigation disc once you remove the stuck CD.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with CD's in an RNS-E - just leave the Navigation DVD in and use an SD card for music.
yes i know but i didn't have nav DVD with me when i went to lala30 to fit it and forgot to try it with his. and had an itch on a way home to try it and you know the rest hehehe

I have the same problem my cd won't eject I left a music disc in and the battery when dead in my cr and now the cd won't eject

yes i know but i didn't have nav DVD with me when i went to lala30 to fit it and forgot to try it with his. and had an itch on a way home to try it and you know the rest hehehe

I would probably of done the same!

I've never tried a music CD in my unit and after reading about problems on here I'm pretty sure I never will. I also don't actually know if the eject works on mine (it was also second hand) since I put the navigation disc in when I fitted it and have never taken it out!

ok, managed to fix it without dismantling the dvd unit. tried another disc and it plays fine, ejects fine now...pleased with the result.
unfortunately don't know for how long lol

I think there is a vcds setting to disable / enable the eject button. Might help someone

Yes there is a setting, but if he was able to eject the nav dvd of fitter, then it was obviously an issue regardless of coding, unless the fitter didnt recode it to eject.

The eject button is disabled at the factory during assembly. It's to prevent the nav dvd being stolen during delivery.

No disrespect mate, but we're aware of that, he's saying it was stuck even though it was ejecting discs before.

Mine did this, also had issus reading the Nav disc, happened more and more frequently and eventually failed. (The day before the new owner came to collect the car!)

So thats where you stuffed your mankini when you got pulled over.

borat-mankini-very-nice.jpg

I VERY EXCITE !

Last edited by a moderator:
when u bought my a3 with rnse factoryfitted it was missing the nav disc i thought id try a music disc which was wmy battery when dead itorking fine but i never tried ejecting it untill now and it wont eject but sinse my battery went dead the disc is stuck inside and the rnse says there is no disc..! should i try vcds and check if the eject option has been disabled?

when u bought my a3 with rnse factoryfitted it was missing the nav disc i thought id try a music disc which was wmy battery when dead itorking fine but i never tried ejecting it untill now and it wont eject but sinse my battery went dead the disc is stuck inside and the rnse says there is no disc..! should i try vcds and check if the eject option has been disabled?

I don`t understand this.

lol is this still going on?!
oh and who posted my vacation pics :p

Sorry using htc crap small buttons, basically my cd in the rinse won't eject since the battery when flat, it's a music cd which was left in there since I didn't have a nav disc.. Where is the option on vcds so I can check if the eject has been disabled??

go to navigation, then adaptation, then i think channel 67 and value 255 is for disabled, value 0 is for enabled eject, and value 1 is for forced eject if i remember correctly.

Reactions: zeu569 and b6ben
will try that shortly Hopefully I will get that cd out and in with the new nav disc!

Thanks

go to navigation, then adaptation, then i think channel 67 and value 255 is for disabled, value 0 is for enabled eject, and value 1 is for forced eject if i remember correctly.

Tried this but still won't eject, the rnse thinks there isn't a disc inside, am I gonna have to dismantle it to remove the disc?

that's what happened to me. i've took the other cd (probably you can use something else but that's what i had near) and put it inside under certain angle just underneath the stuck cd (do not force it in you need just a few mm's or a cm underneath so you can use it as arm) and you gently push that disk down so the stuck disk goes up and at the same time press eject button, eventually it will eject. that's the best i can explain it, i know it sounds funny but it worked for me, and it's a better way than dismantling the dvd drive.
again be gentle as you don't want to break something.