Badger5AH Fabrications
    S.
    5th Gear

Status

rns-e disc eject not working?

ok so, today rns-e 193g was retrofitted and coded. but it won't eject cd. it's stuck in there.
    i've tried to eject it with vcds but it doesn't work. how can i take it out? does that mean that dvd unit isn't working?
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Does it read the disc?

I think the only way to get stuck discs out is to take the unit out of the dash and remove the top cover, they don't give you a manual eject button.
    2014 Audi S3 Sportback S-Tronic

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    it doesn't. it was an music disc.

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S. View Post
    it doesn't. it was an music disc.
    You may be lucky and find that it just had issues with that particular disc and may work correctly with a navigation disc once you remove the stuck CD.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with CD's in an RNS-E - just leave the Navigation DVD in and use an SD card for music.

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonc View Post
    You may be lucky and find that it just had issues with that particular disc and may work correctly with a navigation disc once you remove the stuck CD.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with CD's in an RNS-E - just leave the Navigation DVD in and use an SD card for music.
    yes i know but i didn't have nav DVD with me when i went to lala30 to fit it and forgot to try it with his. and had an itch on a way home to try it and you know the rest hehehe

Reverse Gear

Status
    I have the same problem my cd won't eject I left a music disc in and the battery when dead in my cr and now the cd won't eject

1st Gear

Status
    yes i know but i didn't have nav DVD with me when i went to lala30 to fit it and forgot to try it with his. and had an itch on a way home to try it and you know the rest hehehe
    I would probably of done the same!

I've never tried a music CD in my unit and after reading about problems on here I'm pretty sure I never will. I also don't actually know if the eject works on mine (it was also second hand) since I put the navigation disc in when I fitted it and have never taken it out!

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    ok, managed to fix it without dismantling the dvd unit. tried another disc and it plays fine, ejects fine now...pleased with the result.
    unfortunately don't know for how long lol

4th Gear

Status
    I think there is a vcds setting to disable / enable the eject button. Might help someone
    8P S3

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Yes there is a setting, but if he was able to eject the nav dvd of fitter, then it was obviously an issue regardless of coding, unless the fitter didnt recode it to eject.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

2nd Gear

Status
    The eject button is disabled at the factory during assembly. It's to prevent the nav dvd being stolen during delivery.
    A3 2.0TDI Sportback S Line 184 Quattro S-Tronic, Mar. 2014 Glacier white. Electric seats, sunroof, se suspension, heated folding mirrors, Reversing camera, Nappa leather, TPMS, Hold assist, Xenon plus adaptive lights with variable active range control, lane assist, Interior light pack, Technology pack, Comfort pack with ACC, park assist & parking system plus

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    No disrespect mate, but we're aware of that, he's saying it was stuck even though it was ejecting discs before.

S3 (8P)

Status
    Mine did this, also had issus reading the Nav disc, happened more and more frequently and eventually failed. (The day before the new owner came to collect the car!)
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..
    -BMW 335d Xdrive, Estoril Blue, fully loaded.

Before:
    S3 (8P), Ibis, DSG, Milltek, SHARK

BMW 320d M Sport
    S3 (8P), Sprint, REVO, H&R Springs, BBS CHs,

Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - REVO Stage1, Red.
    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - Std, Shadow Blue
    Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK4 GTi 18T - 200bhp, MTM ECU, Forge DV
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    Corrado G60 - JAMEX, BRM Charger rebuild
    etc....

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    So thats where you stuffed your mankini when you got pulled over.

S3 (8P)

Status

I VERY EXCITE !
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..

Before:

BMW 320d M Sport

Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    etc....

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status

Reverse Gear

Status
    when u bought my a3 with rnse factoryfitted it was missing the nav disc i thought id try a music disc which was wmy battery when dead itorking fine but i never tried ejecting it untill now and it wont eject but sinse my battery went dead the disc is stuck inside and the rnse says there is no disc..! should i try vcds and check if the eject option has been disabled?

S3 (8P)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by az786 View Post
    when u bought my a3 with rnse factoryfitted it was missing the nav disc i thought id try a music disc which was wmy battery when dead itorking fine but i never tried ejecting it untill now and it wont eject but sinse my battery went dead the disc is stuck inside and the rnse says there is no disc..! should i try vcds and check if the eject option has been disabled?
    I don`t understand this.
    Now:

Before:

BMW 320d M Sport

Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    etc....

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    +1

5th Gear

Status
    +2
    2012 RNSe Navigation Discs with unit software update. PM me.

Suzuki GSX-R 750 K5

A4 S-Line. Mods so far; Cruise, DIS, Mk2 RNS-e, Audi 6 CD changer, XcarLink with self manufactured permanent ipod dock, B8 MFSW, Dectane Dayline Headlights with independantly switched DRL's, RS4 Rear ARB, De-badged, RS4 pedals, HIDS, RS4 front grille and RS4 style fog surrounds, LCR splitter in Satin Black, Rear Park Assist, LED gearknob, Red footwell lighting, Kitchen sink and Shower cubicle.

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    lol is this still going on?!
    oh and who posted my vacation pics :P

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by az786 View Post

Sorry using htc crap small buttons, basically my cd in the rinse won't eject since the battery when flat, it's a music cd which was left in there since I didn't have a nav disc.. Where is the option on vcds so I can check if the eject has been disabled??

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    go to navigation, then adaptation, then i think channel 67 and value 255 is for disabled, value 0 is for enabled eject, and value 1 is for forced eject if i remember correctly.

Reverse Gear

Status
    will try that shortly Hopefully I will get that cd out and in with the new nav disc!

Thanks

Reverse Gear

Status
    go to navigation, then adaptation, then i think channel 67 and value 255 is for disabled, value 0 is for enabled eject, and value 1 is for forced eject if i remember correctly.
    Tried this but still won't eject, the rnse thinks there isn't a disc inside, am I gonna have to dismantle it to remove the disc?

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    that's what happened to me. i've took the other cd (probably you can use something else but that's what i had near) and put it inside under certain angle just underneath the stuck cd (do not force it in you need just a few mm's or a cm underneath so you can use it as arm) and you gently push that disk down so the stuck disk goes up and at the same time press eject button, eventually it will eject. that's the best i can explain it, i know it sounds funny but it worked for me, and it's a better way than dismantling the dvd drive.
    again be gentle as you don't want to break something.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Cheers I hope this remedy works lol..