P2177

ilim

Reaction score
What's this error code mean?? I have auto tech internals and forge twin take with shark stage 1. This is ******* me off, why is this car causing problem......

What's this error code mean?? I have auto tech internals and forge twin take with shark stage 1. This is ******* me off, why is this car causing problem......

P2177 seems to point to the engine running lean.
I've a near identical set up but with bluefin rather than shark and no fault codes.

P2177 seems to point to the engine running lean.
I've a near identical set up but with bluefin rather than shark and no fault codes.

Can this be a serious issue?

Running a engine too lean can for sure cause problems! Engines that run lean run hot, this isn't usually the kind of hot that you can see on your temperature gauge its mostly hot inside the cylinders and the exhaust system.

When engines run lean damage to the pistons and valves can be the result. Pistons which get over heated and distort and melt and burn and basically cause lots of problems with compression and burning oil.

Lean conditions can also cause the exhaust valves to over heat and distort and not seal properly. A valve needs to get a good seal not only to hold compression but also to cool it self. Heat is taken away from the valve while it is closed, the heat goes into the valve seat and then into the cooling system.

Serious damage from extended periods of lean running are common and sometimes hard to spot.

Running a engine too lean can for sure cause problems! Engines that run lean run hot, this isn't usually the kind of hot that you can see on your temperature gauge its mostly hot inside the cylinders and the exhaust system.

When engines run lean damage to the pistons and valves can be the result. Pistons which get over heated and distort and melt and burn and basically cause lots of problems with compression and burning oil.

Lean conditions can also cause the exhaust valves to over heat and distort and not seal properly. A valve needs to get a good seal not only to hold compression but also to cool it self. Heat is taken away from the valve while it is closed, the heat goes into the valve seat and then into the cooling system.

Serious damage from extended periods of lean running are common and sometimes hard to spot.

No im ****ting my self

The shark map? Can this be related to a faulty HPFP or my forge twin take?

I should think the Forge twintake will be fine, you have lots of air going in.... but its the lack of fuel that seems to be the problem.

I'd do some logs with shark or bluefin as im slightly confused who your with? eitherway thats irrelevant and see if they can adjust the settings accordingly. if they cant, have a look at the hpfp internals and see whats going on.

I'm away to look at it now..!!!!!! And maybe but it back the old internals

I'm away to look at it now..!!!!!! And maybe but it back the old internals

I doubt you'll see anything from the outside, and to be fair, i think it will just be down to the map. Just simply book it in and have some logs and checks done.

^^ Spot on mate :o.k:

Check it all!

jubilees on the twintake, check the MAF isnt loose etc then if your satisfied its all tight and its still misbehaving.....

pick up the phone :cool:

It all happened after I installed the fuel pump. The pump seems ********. The piston bit doesn't seem to be smooth. When pushing in and out. :( now I dnt have a deep 18mm socket ****

Yep, it was the HPFP internal lads.. Just fitted the standard ones back and car is liking it more. Will send the Internals Back to GNJ motorsports to see if they can sort out a replacement. My trust is in GNJ now...