Working on a new project...

Gryphon001

Reaction score
Stage 1 almost complete... crappy iPhone pics will have to do for now.

4225e5f1.jpg

827662ef.jpg

33ae24ba.jpg

Managed to screw up the hatch though so will have to redo...

Opinions? Should I do the whole hatch next time or just the top section like now?

:tumble: think that says it all lad. sorry but its a :think:.......... :no:

:ninja:

interesting to see the other stages, maybe it might start taking place, only you know what its going to look like.

errrrrm. like the effort, good finish, but tell me it's just a big sticker......and it comes off? :-/

Did you guys seriously think I sanded the hood to bare metal???

Yes it's 3M brushed steel vinyl, thought about black metal but decided to go for that OTT look this year. The interior trim is already started in same finish, but so far its only the door trim and center caps done. The final stage will be re-covering the door card inserts in gray imitation suade... Jurry is still out on whether I will do a quilt pattern or just leave it plain suade.

And yes, everything is done in such a way that it's removable...

Last edited:
im not entirely sure what to make of the rear but the front has an edge to it that has me just sitting on the top of the fence about it... could fall either side of it, doesnt look that bad though.
I saw an A5 today as i was driving around london today which had its whole bonnet wrapped and i had to say it looked quite mean.

I like the sounds of the other plans though so i have subscribed to see how this progresses.

Nice,I like your DRL. Did you modified and fit DRl to the fog grills or you bough it like that. I saw a similar one on ebay but its not for sline.

The DRLs are custom built into the s-line grill. They are the Eurolite NG9020 I think...

Here are some less crappy iPhone pics... Will process the real camera images tonight.

1fd8754d.jpg

9c9f58f9.jpg

0381808e.jpg

The hatch will be redone fully shortly... This is a real love it or hate it look I guess. It's starting to grow on me though.

Hey Gryph are you using wheel cleaner? They kinda have that acidic look like the clear coat is thinning

Mostly soap and water... Sometimes the Auto Glym wheel cleaner.

Ok I'm liking the front, but not the rear. It looks lost and out of place on the rear
if u did the whole hatch it would just look likely got the wrong colour hatch fitted in ur car. Isay keep the front and leave the rear as standard and then get working on the interior

^+1 front looks ok, back doesn't fit in. Maybe if you went right over the roof, but I'd just leave the front.

Ok I'm liking the front, but not the rear. It looks lost and out of place on the rear
if u did the whole hatch it would just look likely got the wrong colour hatch fitted in ur car. Isay keep the front and leave the rear as standard and then get working on the interior

+1 i actually like the bonnet quite alot. but then you see the back and becasue the boot isnt large it looks strange.
still good work!

This is as far as I got before reality hit and I had to go to work for the week. Will try to work on the rest of the interior next week when I get a few days off....

7384153082_fddc675fba_b.jpg

I like the front end mate but I'm not getting the back

How about doing the select area and the spoiler as well?

kkkk1.jpg

needs new number plates, they look dirty and would make the car look alot cleaner.

I like the front, the new photos look alot better than in the multi story carpark. As said about the rear, somthing just isnt right.

I'm bringing this back from the dead as opposed to starting a new thread...

Trying to tie in the hatch to the rest of the car a bit better... had an idea and some black vinyl tonight so I tried this... Again with the crappy pics, sorry, bad light.

blackvinyl1.jpg

blackvinyl2.jpg

I kinda like it right off but not sure it's really working though

That does actually look better. :thumbsup:

I like the front on the original photo. Not sure about the back though.