Volks AutosChris Nott
    2nd Gear

Status

r32 exhaust on audi a3

i posted this on the r32 forum but people here might have an answer or view on the subject .....................

hi guys i have the audi 3.2 v6, now its the same as the golf 5 r32 platform and has same engine and brakes as the r32 but has a audi shell over it all,

my issue is that the audi sounds good but not as good as the r32, and this is down to the exhaust they put on it, i have looked at videos of miltek and magnaflow and other systems for my car but none of them even sound close to a standard r32, these after market exhausts seem to take the v6 raaaaassssp away and give it more of a booming sound,

so after some searching came across guys in the states doing the r32 conversion.

im wandering why there is such a drastic difference in sound but if you put a r32 exhaust on the audi it sounds just like a r32,

Idea!!!! i can pick up a standard r32 system for 150 from ebay and thinking about putting it on, i will be getting a s3 diffuser in time so will get a custom one made for the duel exit.

any ideas on the massive difference in sound you cn see from pics its only the back box that is different

here is under the audi which shows the r32 box has the same space as the golf as they R the same underneath

here is an audi with it on

and here is the link to a guy doing it to his

http://forums.vwvort...lled-on-my-3.2q

here is link to the sound but guys being a wimp at revving

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amQHPlGD4Hs&feature=relmfu[/media]

sorry for the links ;-)
    Audi a3 3.2 v6 sport back ,s-line, Dolphin Grey with factory tints, deg sat nav, bose speakers, 18 upgraded alloys, magnaflow exhaust, eibach pro kit springs

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

Status
    I like the look of that red sportback with it. looks sweeet.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    IMHO the center exhausts on an 8P look stupid, only really suits the MK5 tbh.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

6th Gear

Status
    Definitely agree the R32 sounds a lot meaner than any 3.2 I've heard, guess it's just the Audi gene coming through. Are they really only different at the back box?
    Hunt is over

1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    IMHO the center exhausts on an 8P look stupid, only really suits the MK5 tbh.
    I think thats down to the rear bumper design, if those tips sat a bit further up at the coloured edges came down more it'd look alot better. Also with the newer facelift models (black edition in particular) it would look nice with that style rear diffuser. Maybe black or brushed aluminium tips would look better too.

Edit: Ultimately, RS ovals FTW

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    But making them black would only defeat the point as I can only imagine someone doing that for aesthetics tbh & silver looks wrong on 8P, hence the each side dual exits or the one sided dual exit just suits or do my fav & what mine will be, none at all lmfao.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

6th Gear

Status
    I've never been a fan of the MkV R32 exhausts aesthetically, never understood why they didn't either do a central twin (would look marginally better, like a Lupo GTi) or the wide dual tips (like the MkIV R32, 3.2 Mk1 TT and 3.0l A4s etc). The red SB looks better than an R32 with them on though, but surely this mod is more about the sound.

Are the bumper sections interchangeable, or do you need to fabricate a valance? The cut-out on the VWVortex one looks awful, imo.
    Hunt is over

2nd Gear

Status
    It's all about the sound for me, yeah it's only the back bx that is different mechanically, but the r32 exhaust is a straight fit. I can go down the route of any exhaust for the r32 and have a custom rear valance which is easy enough with fibre glass.
    Audi a3 3.2 v6 sport back ,s-line, Dolphin Grey with factory tints, deg sat nav, bose speakers, 18 upgraded alloys, magnaflow exhaust, eibach pro kit springs

2nd Gear

Status
    Just looked over my 1st post it's a little messed up, the two pics of the exhausts on the floor is a comparison between the Audi 3.2 and the golf r32

Neutral

Status
    the sound change will be as the end box on the r32 flow is in a line were the audi one go to the opp side on the inpipe meaning the rear box is doing more.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Not quite an R32 but make your own mind up........horses for courses

S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

Status
    no likey ^ too wide apart.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by andyvlw View Post
    Not quite an R32 but make your own mind up........horses for courses

Nope, not right either. They need to be framed by the bumper/valance more.
    Last edited by MartayMcFly; 16th June 2012 at 13:35.
    Hunt is over

Sideways

Status
    It looks better like this, but with some nice shiny tips. Plucked this from a3/s3 pics.
    Last edited by willowsdad; 16th June 2012 at 14:21.

A3 3.2 Quattro Sport

5th Gear

Status
    Spud Launchers

2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TrebleTA View Post
    the sound change will be as the end box on the r32 flow is in a line were the audi one go to the opp side on the inpipe meaning the rear box is doing more.
    thats what i thought but also though it sounded daft so never said ha ha

like the look of this caratere one

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by willowsdad View Post

this is the best looking one so far on this thread... could have maybe done with a slightly wider exhaust tips and the valance to suit
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread

1st Gear

Status
    With the blue SB I think they're too low and need to be brought up into the bumper more with a decent valance too match..
    Audi A3 2.0TDI Black Remapped, with S3 Exterior, Half Leathers, 18" Alloys, Xenons, Tints, Cruise, Armrest, FBMFSW and RNS-E with BT...
    Have VCDS either around bristol, term time, or beds/cambs during holidays/some weekends..
    16V Classic Mini Mid Engined RWD 1.8VVC http://www.16vminiclub.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=28324