Questions and delivery miles

COLDSTEEL

Reaction score
Car will be delivered to the dealer this Friday, apart from being well ever excited. I need to remain calm. What should I be looking for when I take delivery? Such as delivery miles to be expected (will be picking up from the dealer).

Is there any benefit in taking out the fixed cost maintence if I expect to do only 12K a year? I read it can be taken out just before the first service.

GAP insurance, is this for preying on people scared to death by "what if" senarios? If not which providers are sound? Is Audi any good/competative?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

19 on mine which I thought was quite high. Most in the showroom seem to have 5-15 on them.

not heard of the maintenance package myself I am afraid.

If collecting I'd expect anything up to 20ish miles if collecting. Mine had a few more because they had driven it back an forth to the bodyshop to get the Votex kit fitted.

You're probably border line cost wise for the AVM. Probably more of a "do i want to pay little each month rather than a big lump sum" scenario.

GAP insurance...personally wouldn't/didn't bother. Any insurance company worth their salt wouldn't £uck you over in the first year.

Try 150! They bollocksed up the delivery - wanted to get my colleague (uninsured) to drive it off the truck and into a car park because he pulled up in a no stopping zone. Then the delivery company drove it from the holding pen to London. Furious....

Coldsteel, You dont say which car you are expecting. I refused the servicing as they said it had (2.0 TDi Sport) up to 25K service intervals, thought that was not too bad and I could pay for the service as they would only be every 18 months for me (if I put the money away monthly they would be covered with some profit) After the first couple of weeks of driving it was already down to 18K for the first service, where it stayed. So at the end of the day the service deal they offer may be better than it first appears.............and now your thinking "what ****** help was that"..........sorry mate, good at the waffle, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif at conclusions.

By the way, I needed home delivery, it came on a trailer with just 2 on the clock.

I'm starting to get very cynical about this AVS. Just about everyone I have spoken to is predicting 18k miles. Anyone out there any different?

I've done 9k miles since March, and am showing about 9.2k miles to go, thus 18200 service interval.

My car had 4 miles on the clock but don't forget that once and once only the total mileage on all VAG cars can be re-set to zero as long as it has not gone over 100 miles.

I've done 5600 miles and my AVS is saying that my serice is due in 6200 miles /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif. Its not like I've be ragging it to death either. I always used to get 18k out of my 1.8TQ. Might pop by the stealer next week and see what they have to say about it.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm starting to get very cynical about this AVS. Just about everyone I have spoken to is predicting 18k miles. Anyone out there any different?

I've done 9k miles since March, and am showing about 9.2k miles to go, thus 18200 service interval.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'm different - I am looking at 12K or 728 days at the moment with 2500 miles gone after 4 weeks... not sure how it works that out!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eeef, I've done 11,000 and DIS says 4,600 to go. I am hoping as I do 15k a year and that's what my maintenance plan is set up for, that I can put it in every year / 15k.

Either that or i'll have to do more short runs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for all you replies. I have been down to see the car in the pound at Audi 1/2 a mile away ARGH! I have to wait 1 week as I am away next week and cant pick it up.

Proudly, Motor is A3 2.0TDI Sport Sportback,
mauritius blue
blue /black cloth interior
Light pack
lady sensors
Alu inlay
rear blinds
symphony sounds (no bose)
matts in the back

Worse - it is parked outside! next to a biffa bin!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

I am looking to recieve the car a week saturday, what should I be looking for before saying "yeah I'll drive it away"

1. Check delivery mileage (upto 250 is acceptable).

2. Check car bodywork for scratches at different angles (usually done by idiot valets before you pick up).

3. Check alloys and tyres (making sure no kerb marks or tyre wall marks).

4. Check all options are intsalled (interior light pack is the usual one to be missing).

5. Check interior is correct and all fits well (leather can be machined wrong).

6. Check under hood (should all be nice clean).

7. Check boot and spare tyre.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I took the gap insurance and negotiated it down as part of the deal. This does leave me a little suspicious about a deliberately inflated price.....

Does promise new for old which may sway your decision....the greatest depreciation is in the first three years that the gap insurance covers, hence "Gap" cover. Thats the gap in value on the day your car is written off versus the cost of a new one....

The value of your car will almost half in three years......its a big gap.

Rick

Most insurance companies give you a new for a car which is less than 12 months old.

I think if the mileage is higher than 100 miles the car is no longer considered new, a lot of marques have the ability to reset the mileage so long as it hasn;t gone over 100...

What to check? Make sure theres no marks on the paint, seats, headlining. Make sure all your ordered options are there.

J.

Also Check in the Boot that there is a leather zip case with a bottle of oil.

(As in the thread on this web page)

Also in mine opinion there should not be more then 100miles on the clock.
And no way 250miles !!

That is like the dear taking your car home and having it for the weekend???

TDILine - you been nicking TP27's avatar from Tyresmoke.net you cheeky monkey! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well TP said it was his cat - I'll have to make enquiries! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tp has been using that avatar for 18 months or so!