2nd Gear

Status

Stage 2/2+ advice

Looking for some advice.

Car history;

Audi s3 8p 2008
    Standard s3 map with itg intake
    Then got a stage 1 remap
    Then fitted a turbo back milltek and autotech pump internals.

So what I'm wandering is further options, can I get away with a stage 2+ map without changing the clutch?

Should I go stage 2 map only?

Is there anything else recommended eg Injectors etc before map?

What are the expected power figures for all options?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

Status
    Youll need a clutch to be honest, it will slip straight away, oh + miss stage 2 out.

+ RS4 Fuel Valve.

Stage 2 = 330bhp

360bhp at stage 2+

Stage 2 is quick dont get me wrong, but youve done the internals....your at stage 2+ almost...
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

Status
    Hi tim i,m on stage 2+ with standard clutch for 8 months ,you will need a full miltek ,rs4 pressure value,get stage2+ software and start saving for a clutch...we are talking revo stage 2+...

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3kel View Post
    Hi tim i,m on stage 2+ with standard clutch for 8 months ,you will need a full miltek ,rs4 pressure value,get stage2+ software and start saving for a clutch...we are talking revo stage 2+...
    You serious??

You gotta have a toned down map....
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,

Status
    toned down ,cause i have a oem clutch?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3kel View Post
    toned down ,cause i have a oem clutch?
    Ive heard of tuners "toning" down the map to suit the hardware i.e the standard clutch. then upping the power to suit uprated clutch.

GNJ had to do this with his?

Status
    Ahh right got ya,to be honest should have changed the clutch months ago ,lol GNJ is running shark,i,m running revo...

Status
    Well it does kinda suggest that Sharks output figures(torque) would seem higher? (which, in reality im surprised) I doubt its aggression, its shark afterall...smoothflow

I suppose his clutch could have been shot anyhow.

Well done for saving the standard clutch so long, you must have been driving like a daisy for the past 8 months...

Status
    Haha not you as well yeah i dont hammer it much ..

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TimJK View Post
    Looking for some advice.

Car history;

Audi s3 8p 2008
    Standard s3 map with itg intake
    Then got a stage 1 remap
    Then fitted a turbo back milltek and autotech pump internals.

So what I'm wandering is further options, can I get away with a stage 2+ map without changing the clutch?

Should I go stage 2 map only?

Is there anything else recommended eg Injectors etc before map?

What are the expected power figures for all options?

Thanks
    STAGE 2 CHECK LIST - 330BHP

MAP

INTAKE

TURBOBACK EXHAUST

(piggy bank should be filling up with coin for new clutch)

STAGE 2+ CHECK LIST - 360BHP

MAP

INTAKE

TURBOBACK EXHAUST

FUEL PUMP INTERNALS

RS4 FUEL VALVE

UPRATED CLUTCH ( LUK DMF + SACHS or SMF + SPEC)

(Optional uprated cooling i.e twintercooler)

Very important to upgrade or regularly check the cam follower.

By this stage suspension and brakes perhaps may be an idea worth looking into.

I may have missed something... think thats it though, hope it helps.
    Last edited by mjr901; 13th June 2012 at 23:35.

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    i'm running stage 2+ for a month or two now with no issues on standard clutch. car is really strong and powerful and has a lots more power and torque than it had on stage2 but different tuner. and before that i did 16000 miles on stage2 with 450 Nm of torque with few occasional slips. it all depends how you drive it and if it's cold or hot weather. if you're doing 0-60 launches, and wot it in 5th or 6th from low rpm's then you're going to kill it soon...
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

1st Gear

Status
    You only need the rs4 valve if running a map that request higher fuel pressure than physically possible (lmao) like revo. APR maps dont need this and dont have a flat spot.

There are other quality exhaust options available out there also than the generic over priced milltek.

And yes with those mods you can jump straight to stage 2 plus code.

1st Gear

Status
    Quick hijack, anyone ever take a 2.0 TDI to stage 3?
    To do:
    MY11/ S3 Chrome mirrors /Springs / 20" Alloys / Wrap
    Dream plate: B055 KKS One day.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi...A3 View Post
    Quick hijack, anyone ever take a 2.0 TDI to stage 3?
    can you imagine the soot!!?

1st Gear

Status
    lol yeah, you can blind your opponents with it, they would be forced to slow down
    To do:
    MY11/ S3 Chrome mirrors /Springs / 20" Alloys / Wrap
    Dream plate: B055 KKS One day.

1st Gear

Status
    i have stage2+ too, if your gunna be pacing like i have, the sach clutch wont last long, ive been advised to look into SPEC clutchs :s

Status
    Group buy
    pinterovski likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    My ears are burning

It has to be said that the previous owner of my S3 had Revo stage 2 for about 10k miles before I bought the car standard. So the clutch had already had a tough life. We loaded the stage 3 on at Shark after I had installed all the hardware and the look on Mikko's face as it hit 5krpm on the rollers said it all. I knew it was on borrowed time

I have the LOBA Motorsport single mass flywheel and Sachs 550nm clutch plate and it is fantastic. I get a little chatter/rattle at idle but it is worth it as the clutch will handle a lot more power than the S3 has currently, which I guess is around 350-360bhp on Shark stage 3.

We can supply the LOBA kit I have for £810 delivered. A bargain if you ask me.

EDIT: Shameless plug, but the above talked about S3 is now for sale if anyone wants to buy a ready modified 350+bhp S3

1st Gear

Status
    How much? The LOBA clutch is a good kit

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GNJ_Motorsport View Post
    My ears are burning

It has to be said that the previous owner of my S3 had Revo stage 2 for about 10k miles before I bought the car standard. So the clutch had already had a tough life. We loaded the stage 3 on at Shark after I had installed all the hardware and the look on Mikko's face as it hit 5krpm on the rollers said it all. I knew it was on borrowed time

I have the LOBA Motorsport single mass flywheel and Sachs 550nm clutch plate and it is fantastic. I get a little chatter/rattle at idle but it is worth it as the clutch will handle a lot more power than the S3 has currently, which I guess is around 350-360bhp on Shark stage 3.

We can supply the LOBA kit I have for £810 delivered. A bargain if you ask me.

EDIT: Shameless plug, but the above talked about S3 is now for sale if anyone wants to buy a ready modified 350+bhp S3
    that's a really good price for LOBA kit!

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

2nd Gear

Status
    Right thanks for input. I think best to map it then see how long the clutch lasts! Save money in the mean time that way. If it does go then thats my luck.

I've had the car since 10k and not driven stupidly. Its now on 25k.

What's this rs4 valve? Can I drill out the s3 one?

2nd Gear

Status
    Also changed follower last week.

Status
    Right thanks for input. I think best to map it then see how long the clutch lasts! Save money in the mean time that way. If it does go then thats my luck.

I've had the car since 10k and not driven stupidly. Its now on 25k.

put the drill down

bring out the bent spanners

see here

RS4 Fuel Valve?

2nd Gear

Status
    Well if they are the same size fitting then all that needs doing is drilling out the centre to increase flow?! Does anyone know the size of the orifice in the centre? Also it doesn't look alward to get to if I imagine it's one of the fuel pump casing brass fittings?

2nd Gear

Status
    Unless they aren't an orifice and are open/closed under certain pressure?!

Rarely neutral

Status

Just don't even think of this.

The RS4 valve is only about £50,and if you did some sort of DIY job,you'd have no idea of the flow or pressures.

2nd Gear

Status
    If I knew the correct size though then that's the same as shelling out on the valve. I worked for Audi for 5 years and now work fabricating offshore compressors so it's not that I don't know what I'm doing. Just don't know the size difference.

Rarely neutral

Status
    If I knew the correct size though then that's the same as shelling out on the valve. I worked for Audi for 5 years and now work fabricating offshore compressors so it's not that I don't know what I'm doing. Just don't know the size difference.
    It may be something as simple as the spring rate in the regulator,or the area or any other dimension in there,but my point is that it costs little compared to a new engine.

Anyway....I wouldn't!

2nd Gear

Status
    Cars going in Saturday for stage 2, however still wandering if I would get away with 2+ on standard clutch and flywheel?! Tempted to go for that instead.

5th Gear

Status
    I would budget for a clutch.

I've come from 2 modded 8L 225 S3's over the last 10 years.

Having changed to a MY11 S3
    I had a chat with my tuner. I trust their advice and appreciate their honesty.

They recommend to factor in the price of an upgrade clutch even with a stage 1 remap, suggesting that it would only be a matter of time.

Considering my car had covered less than 4k miles, that's not going to happen anytime soon!

For the moment, I will stay standard and look out for a tidy low miles high spec RS3 when they have depreciated like the TTRS has.
    Audi S3 Quattro Black Edition.

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    Cars going in Saturday for stage 2, however still wandering if I would get away with 2+ on standard clutch and flywheel?! Tempted to go for that instead.
    yes you would if you won't have stand still starts and flooring it in 4,5,6th gear from 2000 rpm's. mine was all good until i had a itch to try 0-60 which never happened due to massive clutch slip. proper driving untill that was all good.

Rarely neutral

Status
    The stock DMF is actually OK until well into the 400lb+ range,but the clutch is not.
    You could possibly have Stg2+ loaded and use the car,but as soon as you exercise your right foot,the clutch is living on borrowed time.
    Even at Stg2,you should budget on clutch replacement at some point,and the Sachs or Loba organics make an excellent choice.

2nd Gear

Status
    Well I will stick with standard DMF and deal with the clutch when it happens. See how I get on! I'd prefer to go stage 2+ just for the extra oomph. Won't be planning on anymore than that.

2nd Gear

Status
    Anyone got any links for clutches, not sure which ones marry up to standard DMF.

All the gear.. No idea

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulS3 View Post
    I would budget for a clutch.

I've come from 2 modded 8L 225 S3's over the last 10 years.

Having changed to a MY11 S3
    I had a chat with my tuner. I trust their advice and appreciate their honesty.

They recommend to factor in the price of an upgrade clutch even with a stage 1 remap, suggesting that it would only be a matter of time.

Considering my car had covered less than 4k miles, that's not going to happen anytime soon!

For the moment, I will stay standard and look out for a tidy low miles high spec RS3 when they have depreciated like the TTRS has.
    Hopefully the Rs3 won't depreciate as rapidly as the ttrs due to there being a LOT less of them.. But mine will be up for sale in about 3 years (or so)
    Red is the colour..

3rd Gear

Status
    Anyone got any links for clutches, not sure which ones marry up to standard DMF.
    I'd also like to know this, been on google but everyone of the links is for a SMF. I'll be going stage 2+ soon, just need a hpfp and a sachs clutch.

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ-S3 View Post
    I'd also like to know this, been on google but everyone of the links is for a SMF. I'll be going stage 2+ soon, just need a hpfp and a sachs clutch.
    The Sachs will work with the stock DMF.....AMDEssex know the part numbers,but someone else here will no doubt as well.

2nd Gear

Status
    I will look on their website or call them if it goes