HELP AND ADVICE NEEDED ASAP PLEASE

SOHAIL

Reaction score
I NEED SOME HELP AND ADVICE.
I BOUGHT SOME ALLOYS TODAY FOR MY B8. THE ALLOYS WERE OFF A B6 A4 SO THE CENTRE HOLE WAS SMALLER THEN THAT OF MY CAR. MY RING ON THE B8 IS 66.6MM SO IV BEEN TOLD BUT THE ONE ON THE ALLOYS IS 57MM.

NOW I REALLY LIKE THE ALLOYS AS THEY ARE THE NEW RS6 STYLE DESIGN. IS THERE ANYWAY I CAN CUT OR WELD THE CENTRE HOLE TO MAKE IT FIT?
ALSO WILL THIS WEAKEN THE ALLOY??

NEED SOME ADVICE ASAP PLEASE.

SORRY FOR POSTING ON HERE BUT IT IS NOT JUST ABOUT IT BEING A B8 SO THOUGHT IT COULD BE RELEVENT

Please dont post in upper case, its classed as shouting. Im sure someone will be along to advise you shortly. :) x

If you have it machined correctly it should not be a problem. When I used to race cars I had nearly every wheel I owned re machined to fit.

If you have it machined correctly it should not be a problem. When I used to race cars I had nearly every wheel I owned re machined to fit.

On a lathe or the like, but read his post again & tell me if it seems he knows the process, no disrespect mate, but sell the wheels as already mentioned, you will weaken the wheels if you remove some of the material as such.

i wouldn't fit them, insurance wouldn't pay out if you had a accident and they found out you'd fitted modified wheels

I personally would not fit them, not only are you endangering your own life, but other road users and pedestrians too.

Wheels may be nice, but not worth it mate.

am i the only one here that is wondering why the question about a B8 is on the 8P forum??

also you can get spigot rings to change the centre bore of the alloys to the hub size you need... i hope that does answer the question

I was confused by the OP post but ...

Particularly for aftermarket (maybe not OEM) my understanding is that wheels are generally machined with generic centres and then vehicle/hub specific spigot rings are then fitted as required. I would NOT run without spigot rings or support from the spigot - though it is possible. Doing this exposes risk of stud shear (due to shock loads such as potholes) if they are not torqued accurately and potential wheel imbalance if they are not centred precisley - both scenarios which the spigot ring mitigates on road cars.

If the wheels have spigot rings, it may be that the wheels will fit with the spigot rings removed but I personally wouldn't and I would not machine the wheels either to make them fit - if this is necessary in this case.

Martin

I was confused by the OP post but ...

Particularly for aftermarket (maybe not OEM) my understanding is that wheels are generally machined with generic centres and then vehicle/hub specific spigot rings are then fitted as required. I would NOT run without spigot rings or support from the spigot - though it is possible. Doing this exposes risk of stud shear (due to shock loads such as potholes) if they are not torqued accurately and potential wheel imbalance if they are not centred precisley - both scenarios which the spigot ring mitigates on road cars.

If the wheels have spigot rings, it may be that the wheels will fit with the spigot rings removed but I personally wouldn't and I would not machine the wheels either to make them fit - if this is necessary in this case.

Martin

OEM wheels are machined to fit the hub of the vehicle they're intended for. Like the OP said, his car has a 66.6mm bore hub, and the wheels have a 57.1mm hole. If the hub were 57.1 and the wheels 66.6, then he could fit a spigot ring to fill the gap, but it can't be done the other way around. If, like you said, they were aftermarket wheels, then there is a chance that the spigot ring could be swapped out or just removed, but very unlikely to be the case here.

OP - don't bother trying to make them fit. Get ones that are the correct bore or you're just asking for trouble.

Also Martin