A3 Black Edition HELP!

rosco

Reaction score
Hi new to the forum so please go easy on me lol!!

The missus wants a a3 black edition 2.0 tdi 140. I do not know much about them and we are currently looking @ a 2010 stop start black edition and dont want to commit until i know a little more.

Is there any common problems i should be watch out for?
Is it worth spending the extra money on a black edition over a s line?
Can the dpf filter be removed just incase i have problems with it in the future?

thank you in advance :respekt:

Hi, welcome to ASN. Have a read in the A3 8P section at the faqs thread at the top of the page. Lots of useful information in there. If you need more advice after reading through that just post up and someone will advise you. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Is it worth spending the extra money on a black edition over a s line? Depends what you want/like really. You do get some nice extras though. I wanted a Black Edition but instead just got an S-Line that had BOSE and LED DRL's already. Not fussed by tinted windows or a flat bottom steering wheel!
Can the dpf filter be removed just incase i have problems with it in the future? I believe it can be yes but it may cause a problem with future MOT's. Does she do relatively long journeys?

Worth it for the DRL's and flat bottom wheel alone!
Not many issues with DPF's on 140's I don't think, 170's mainly.
Even this is only if you do short runs all the time I am lead to believe.

P.S i believe the 140 start/stop A3's are free road tax.

dont worry about DPF's, try avoiding short jouneys and small revs all the time, and your be fine, I ran a tuned Audi diesel with a DPF for almost 3 years without any problems.
The 2010 black edition looks really good and keeps the a3 looking fresh.....DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the HID lights, DRLs, Bose, FBSW, wheels and optics package I think it's a really good deal. :)

I had the 170 TDi quattro and never had a single issue with the DPF in 13k miles. If it comes up on the screen just take it for a 10-15 mile drive whilst keeping the revs up and it should regenerate itself. Job done. :salute:

I have just bought an 2011 ex-demo A3 Tdi 140 BE and absolutely love it. Coming from a 140 Golf Mk6, this is a lot more refined. The drive is smooth and a pleasure. It has the stop-start technology which brings it down to the £30 a year tax bracket. The LEDs and xenons are superb and the Bose sounds excellent.

Defnitely recommend.