not more tyres

RHODIE

Reaction score
Having checked my tyres, on my 3.2, I found the inside edge on both fronts badly worn. The primacys also had little rips in the tread blocks thro to the grooves. I have ordered 4 pzero nero for tomorrow and an alignment check. not sad to see the primacys go I must admit.

primacys lack real grip and imo never feel attached to the road. On my tq i changed to F1s and the difference was astounding in noise and grip.

I had impressive inner tire wear on my fronts as well.

I was surprised by this because I expected the outers to wear more rapidly. I had my alignement checked and it was perfectly within specs.

It seems that the large amount of caster induces negative camber in the outside tire, which could explain the inner edges wearing faster.

[ QUOTE ]
I had impressive inner tire wear on my fronts as well.

I was surprised by this because I expected the outers to wear more rapidly. I had my alignement checked and it was perfectly within specs.

It seems that the large amount of caster induces negative camber in the outside tire, which could explain the inner edges wearing faster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, my fronts are wearing the inner edge quicker than the outside /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

alignment slightly out and adjusted, lets see what happens. only done 30miles so far but initial impressions are good.

"good" as in more stable in a straight line?

Do you know which dimensions were out of spec? Was there any toe-out up front? TIA

seem a lot more stable and precise, the steering is more direct. There was toe-in on both sides, not a huge amount but enough. The car is much quieter as well but it is still early days, the wife will drive it tomorrow if she notices a difference then there must be one.

tyres quieter, no yellow flashing light - thats the answer Igot. women drivers!