Volks AutosBadger5
    Reverse Gear

Status

A3 8P intercooler upgrade options

Looking into my options for an uprated intercooler for my A3. Currently has APR stage 1 tune with Carbonio Intake. Will be getting HPFP done in the next month or so then will be getting the intercooler. Not really looking at an exhaust as im happy with a silent car for now

Anyways what are my options? What have people gone for in the past? Will an S3 intercooler do the job?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GavS3 View Post
    Looking into my options for an uprated intercooler for my A3. Currently has APR stage 1 tune with Carbonio Intake. Will be getting HPFP done in the next month or so then will be getting the intercooler. Not really looking at an exhaust as im happy with a silent car for now Anyways what are my options? What have people gone for in the past? Will an S3 intercooler do the job?
    If you're not looking at other mods like the exhaust,it's arguable that it isn't worth spending a lot of money on an intercooler.
    The intake won't flow sufficient for much over your current state of tune,and whilst you could fit either an S3 I/c or a THS,as I said,I'd question the gains.

4th Gear

Status
    There's no point upgrading the intercooler as its good for over 250bhp which is more than what the standard turbo is good for
    TDI PD170 S-Line Sportback... 191.2bhp & 290lb/ft torque @ standard with an iffy turbo! No idea with the new one or Shark Stage 1 remap installed, DPF off Stage 1 ready to go, Suspension & wheels to be fitted... Still....

Rarely neutral

Status
    There you go......2 of us think it's really not worthwhile in terms of performance,and will cost you quite a bit of cash.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    If you're not looking at other mods like the exhaust,it's arguable that it isn't worth spending a lot of money on an intercooler.
    The intake won't flow sufficient for much over your current state of tune,and whilst you could fit either an S3 I/c or a THS,as I said,I'd question the gains.
    so what your saying is get a downpipe then get the intercooler? If no exhaust then dont bother with the intercooler?

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GavS3 View Post
    so what your saying is get a downpipe then get the intercooler? If no exhaust then dont bother with the intercooler?
    No....I think what we're saying is that you'd need the exhaust first,and the intercooler is good for more than your turbo will do,so you'd be looking at a bigger turbo before the intercooler.