A3 8P intercooler upgrade options

GavS3

Reaction score
Looking into my options for an uprated intercooler for my A3. Currently has APR stage 1 tune with Carbonio Intake. Will be getting HPFP done in the next month or so then will be getting the intercooler. Not really looking at an exhaust as im happy with a silent car for now :)

Anyways what are my options? What have people gone for in the past? Will an S3 intercooler do the job?

Looking into my options for an uprated intercooler for my A3. Currently has APR stage 1 tune with Carbonio Intake. Will be getting HPFP done in the next month or so then will be getting the intercooler. Not really looking at an exhaust as im happy with a silent car for now :)Anyways what are my options? What have people gone for in the past? Will an S3 intercooler do the job?
If you're not looking at other mods like the exhaust,it's arguable that it isn't worth spending a lot of money on an intercooler.
The intake won't flow sufficient for much over your current state of tune,and whilst you could fit either an S3 I/c or a THS,as I said,I'd question the gains.

There's no point upgrading the intercooler as its good for over 250bhp which is more than what the standard turbo is good for ;)

There you go......2 of us think it's really not worthwhile in terms of performance,and will cost you quite a bit of cash.

If you're not looking at other mods like the exhaust,it's arguable that it isn't worth spending a lot of money on an intercooler.
The intake won't flow sufficient for much over your current state of tune,and whilst you could fit either an S3 I/c or a THS,as I said,I'd question the gains.

so what your saying is get a downpipe then get the intercooler? If no exhaust then dont bother with the intercooler?

so what your saying is get a downpipe then get the intercooler? If no exhaust then dont bother with the intercooler?
No....I think what we're saying is that you'd need the exhaust first,and the intercooler is good for more than your turbo will do,so you'd be looking at a bigger turbo before the intercooler.