Did you receive a top up oil pack when buying new?

Which one???

• Total voters
I also got the Audi first aid kit for some reason (in addition to the first aid kit in the "accident" pack issued by my fleet company)

Actually the pack from my fleet company is really good - it comes with an electric pump, umbrella, first aid kit, wetproofs (I kid you not), disposable camera for taking pics of an accident, pen, paper, chalk etc. Downside is, it's a fairly large package in the boot.

It even has a copy of "Driving for Dummies" to hand out to the nonce that rear-ended you (ok, maybe not).

Nice pack TLU. We got the flourescent pullovers sent out to the office a few months back. Mainly because it's mandatory in some EU countries. Other than that, nada. I only found my First Aid Kit during the week while adjusting the passenger seat for the vacuming. Littler drop drawer under the passenger seat. Nifty! No oil pack for me though.

We got a top-up oil pack but not on the same day as delivery. It was eventually posted to us after lots of "will you be driving by the dealership again any time soon?".

The nice thing about it (only spotted this week when topping up!) is that the little bag has velcro strips on the back, so it sits solidly on the side of the boot and doesn't move about.

If yours stays attached by velcro, you are not trying hard enough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I had one and have used it, with 9k on the clock. New replacement to be purchased.

I got one although the first thing I did when I got home was to take it out and put it in the garage (the one in the back of my mate TT leaked) I've also got the on from my MCS in there as well.

J.

I got a dealer "accident pack" but no oil....

[ QUOTE ]
If yours stays attached by velcro, you are not trying hard enough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL - the Sportback doesn't corner hard enough to shake it loose unfortunately! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

My oil came in a plastic bag with an audi calender. Audi Ireland.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL - the Sportback doesn't corner hard enough to shake it loose unfortunately! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You can simulate the effect by putting fluff on the velcro so that it loses some of its stick. Every time I open my boot I find the bag has come detached.

Oil and gloves in a wee placcy bag,yes.
Fancy Audi bag,no.

Bought one off ebay myself,for a fiver.
Waste of money as it doesn't stay stuck to the side when I fling it around.

It makes a nice sleeping bag for one of my daughter's teddys though.

It certainly was when I bought mine in July 2004.

Also I had a 6 month old A3 2.0T DSG S-Line as a courtesy car earlier this week when mine was having it's first AVS service and there was one in the boot of that.

Got it on both of mine.

I find it falls off if you don't have the storage pack net /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

OK, How much oil does it take once the warning light comes on then? You might all just say check the dipstick and see but it's crap. Very fine line betweem min and max.

I put about half in the first time but held back as I didn't want to put too much in.

I had a top oil pack in my TDI sport which I kept when I replaced that with a TDI S-Line so now I have two!

I've never had the warning light come on, but I agree that the dipstick is not the best I've ever seen. I have only had to top mine up a couple of times but in each case I put in about half a litre. I have mine in it's Audi bag in the boot and it seems to stay attached to the side panel OK. I also have second Audi bag which I keep a cloth and some screen cleaner for use on long journeys - to Austria for example.

My oil warning light came on at around 4800 miles (ish).
A litre took it to halfway up the dipstick.
Around another 1/4 litre took it to the top.
I'm amazed we're still expected to use a dipstick in this day and age.
I'd venture an electronic oil level indicator would be of more interest to many owners than some of the garbage the DIS currently gives.
An F reg Renault 19 I owned had an oil level gauge for gowd's sake.

Now there is something on which we do agree bowfer. Does seem a bid archaic on a modern car although I do like the DIS !

Got top up oil in fancy little leatherette bag with velcro strips. Sticks pretty well to the sides of the boot.

If your car has Shell oil you only get the top up oil without the nice carry bag, if you car has Castrol oil you also get the bag. The bag is made by Castrol (BP) not Audi. Mine had Shell oil so no bag. My daughter works for BP and she gave me a bag which I use to keep a damp fly sponge and leather in.

mine came with Mobil and the rather smart velcro backed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifbag also contained two bars of Lindt chocolate and a packet of Trebor mints.

[ QUOTE ]
mine came with Mobil and the rather smart velcro backed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifbag also contained two bars of Lindt chocolate and a packet of Trebor mints.

[/ QUOTE ]

We got robbed! Just a top up oil (castrol), but the vehicle itself was delivered to my place of work on a van transporter (with 7 miles on the clock!!)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was it a pre-owned car by any chance? Sounds like the sort of thing you normally find hiding under the back seat along with 64p in mixed coinage.

no, it was a brand new car with zero miles and an honest salesman in attendance with huge bunch of flowers for my wife.............

[ QUOTE ]
no, it was a brand new car with zero miles and an honest salesman in attendance with huge bunch of flowers for my wife.............

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't sound honest to me, sounds like he was hitting on her while you were otherwise engaged drooling over the new car.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Anyone get rear mats FOC ?
I was hacked off I had to buy a set for a frikkin £24K+ car,even if I did get them for trade price.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't sound honest to me, sounds like he was hitting on her while you were otherwise engaged drooling over the new car.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

.........I would have thought the phrase "honest salesman" might have alerted you to the wind-up.....but perhaps it is true that he who laughs last has had the joke explained to him.....

[ QUOTE ]
I would have thought the phrase "honest salesman" might have alerted you to the wind-up.....but perhaps it is true that he who laughs last has had the joke explained to him.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

both a3's I've had came with one. Used it quick enough in the 2.0 FSI... Only done 200 miles in the 2.0 T FSI so hopefully won't need it just yet.....!