Volks AutosJMB Retrofits
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ShaunS3

Thread: Finance help/info please?

Reverse Gear

Status

Finance help/info please?

So I'm really interested in getting an s3, I have 10,000 for a deposit and wanted to know what the monthly payments would be over 2/3 years? I'd like it to be at least a 10 plate with no more than 20,000, any help appreciated, thanks in advance!

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    if i could i would

Used Audi Vehicles – Official Audi Used Vehicles

the imola yellow defo!!!

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizbod7 View Post
    So I'm really interested in getting an s3, I have 10,000 for a deposit and wanted to know what the monthly payments would be over 2/3 years? I'd like it to be at least a 10 plate with no more than 20,000, any help appreciated, thanks in advance!
    From what i have learned, car finance is to be avoided unless it is amazingly low on interest %. I have heard that the best way of doing it is to get a bank loan and pay it off that way to avoid mega interest on finance. I would personally speak to your bank for advice.

I bought a car 8 years ago for £5000 and ended up paying in excess of £8000 by the time the finance had ended (3 year term) - £1000 a year in interest!!!!
    mozza1202 likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    dont buy a late one, buy mine .... please! lol
    2003 S4 Moro Blue Saloon

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for te replies guys! Looks like I'll be passing in finance and see what the bank can do! Hopefully they can sort something out!

4th Gear

Status
    Deleted..... Can't find the info as it was a while ago now.

Nothing wrong with finance though, as long as it is a good deal though!
    Last edited by RYes3; 7th June 2012 at 10:01.
    2012 RS3 Ibis White | Black Styling Pack | Black Roof Rails | Bose | Cruise | Tyre Package | Privacy Glass

Audi Heaven

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizbod7 View Post
    Thanks for te replies guys! Looks like I'll be passing in finance and see what the bank can do! Hopefully they can sort something out!
    The bank rates are normally better than Audi unless your doing the solutions plan (PCP) where the Audi Centre makes a contribution as this normally basically pays your interest. This is new cars normally though.

With the bank you will own the car, as the finance is against you and not the car plus if you have to sell for any reason then the car won't show on finance. You can still sell a car on finance but it does put people off plus you have to settle it before you sell it to the new owner.
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

4th Gear

Status
    Put the balance on a credit card, then swap to a card with an interest free period.

As an example, a balance of around £9k will have a minimum payment of around £200 per month. The cost to transfer is usually around £250 (3%) first time, and less second time. So you can get the car and only pay the transfer fee twice in your 3 year repayment period (many cards have over 18 month 0% windows). If you pay £264 per month, you will pay it off in the 3 years, including the balance transfer fees.

Doing this will greatly reduce your "interest" payments, as after, say, 22 months (Barclaycard have 22 month 0% on transfers), your transfer balance would be around £3432, so would only incur a fee of about £102 to transfer, and assuming you keep making payments of £264, you will have paid it off in full by month 36.

Doing this means an overall "interest" payment of around £352 over the 3 year term, which will be untouchable from banks / dealerships.
    Looking for the right A4 Quattro. 1.9 TDI / 1.8T or 2.0T...
    My A4:http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b8-chassis/125399-my-brief.html

Reverse Gear

Status
    That info above is spot on, and is the only way of finance i ever really consider ^