"Pardon?"
"£!"$&!£(&$&"
"Anyone here speak English?"
"He said you need a new tyre because the puncture is too near the wall"
"It's two inches away!"
"Still to close, you need a new tyre"
"£uck off"
Get in car and drive away

Went to independent tyre dealer near me (where I should have gone in the first place)

"Hello, I've got a slow puncture"
"Ok sir I'll have a look at it."
Takes wheel off car.
"It is quite close to the wall, i'll need to take the tyre off to see if we can repair it."
"Ok"
removes tyre
"Good news and bad news"
here we go
"Bad news is I can't do a puncture repair on it"
"and the good news?"
"We've got a special machine that will bond a patch of rubber to the inside of the tyre. We then cook it for 3 hours in a press and that should do you for the rest of the life of the tyre. It's a lot more expensive than a normal puncture repair though"
"What will it cost all in?"
"I'm afraid it'll be £18"
"hmmmmm, £18 or £150? You're a star. Get to it my good man"

Moral of the story is. Never go to Kwik Fit, they're a bunch of thieving immigrant <unts.
Second Moral, if you get a puncture near the wall don't just buy a new tyre, shop around the independents for someone with one of these fantastic machines.

Would never, ever use kwik fit muppets. I have heart palpitations using tyre fitters I trust let loose on my alloys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I used Kwit Twit once when I got new tires on my old car, seemed fine until I noticed a big bit of lead hammered onto the front of my Alloy. Never again.

[ QUOTE ]
Its normally called a `major repair`, they use that procedure a lot for commercial tyres.
was it `Meridian Tyres` Eeef ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Major repair sounds about right.

Company was called Flintstone tyres.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Its normally called a `major repair`, they use that procedure a lot for commercial tyres.
was it `Meridian Tyres` Eeef ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Major repair sounds about right.

Company was called Flintstone tyres.

[/ QUOTE ]
was his name Fred /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Eeef that's hliarious - I had the guy from my recovery service say the same thing. Kwik Fit basically brainwash their staff into shifting tyres, no matter what.

"I need a wheel alignment"
"You'll need more than that sir"

"I need a puncture repaired"
"Fraid not sir, it's a replacement"

I did get a replacement when I had collapsed the tyre utterly after driving on it for too long with the puncture. £150+

Second time I got a puncture I was 25 m from my friendly local independent tyre dealer. £15 repair and half and hour later I was back on the road.

Kwik Fist.

one rule with kwik-fit - Never visit them, always get the mobile fitter to come out and do tyres / punctures.

We get them coming out to the fleet cars at work, and Kwik Fit quite sensible don't let the YTS chimps out in the mobile fleet vans to meet customers, so you always get a knowledgable friendly chap to sort out your car, they have all the kit in the vans that you'd need.

Last time i took a tyre to a KF centre in Wakefield - they spotted the nail that was still embedded, looked up at me and asked if it was a fleet car or a personal car?.... I asked - what difference does it make?, - they freely admitted - if its fleet they'll tell me they can't repair the tyre, if its personal they'll repair it for me. Robbing bar-stewards!