Finally got my coilovers fitted

WALTO TDI

Reaction score
Had a good end to the bank holiday. I was out yesterday morning fitting my coilovers!!
here are a few pics let me know what you think

SAM_1043.jpg
SAM_1044.jpg
SAM_1041.jpg
SAM_1042.jpg

Reactions: MartayMcFly
Looks great...... you need bigger brakes now :)

what coils did you go for ? how's the awesome map?

went for the Fk Highsport coilovers. quite suprised actually. the ride is not too harsh. the remap was well worth the money!!! i would recommend to anyone thinking about it.

do awesome do try before you buy, similar to what revo use to do? yep the drop you have looks spot on :o.k:

Not sure if they do try before you buy but it is deffo worth it!! i managed to get the software on a special offer they had on before xmas. £150!! it weas rude not to for that price!!

Look Nice! Tempted. You did it yourself? Are you a mechanic or was it easy?

im not a mechanic, im electrical engineer but wasnt too hard. The hardest part was getting the front struts out of the wheel hub - had to get the misses to help!! LOL she had to stand on a lever to pop it out!!!

reverse rake is where the rear arch is lower than the front arch it looks like there is a big weight in the boot either wait for it to settle in and adjust or lower the front a bit

Ah ok, that might be coz the rears have been on for over a month just never got round to fitting the fronts. i'll wait a while to see how the fronts settle out, then adjust the rears up if neccessary.

cheers

fitted the black optics grille today - what a difference that makes!!

Cool, pics? Lol just noticed you don't have a grille in the top pictures

LOL i was waiting until someone commented!!! front bumper was only just fitted and was waiting for grille surround come back from spray shop!! its back now and was fitted earlier hope to post pics tomorrow. does et the front of the car off tho!!

Yh was too busy checking out the drop, I reckon new shoes and MY11 next?

yes MY11 or MY09 on the cards but need be careful as the wife starting to moan!! LOL as they do i suppose!!

very nice mate!! what exhaust is that, just seen ur sig....... where did you get your skirts and front bumper?

very nice mate!! what exhaust is that, just seen ur sig....... where did you get your skirts and front bumper?
hi mate its the milltek exhaust. got sideskirts and bumper off THE WELL KNOWN AUCTION SITE, you have to be quick tho as they appear to be like hens teeth!!
thanks for your comment

cool, what's the milltek sound like on a diesel?
Thinking about getting an exhaust for my Tdi

To be fair mate i dont think it really makes any sound. for me its just the looks out of the back bumper.