HELP PLS. how to replace n80 valve?

G

_G_

does the manifold need to come off?

will i need to replace the injector sealing/rings to be safe if i was pulling on them?

is there a guide on here somewhere?

thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly, what engine have you got?

Secondly, as far as I'm aware the N80 valve just connects to the air lines, not the actual manifold.

2.0 tfsi... BWA

all i can see to access it is to remove the 4 screws of the manifold... to make the clearance..

came with all these fittings/hoses:
images

The N80 valve is just the bit in the middle that all the hoses go to you, could pull them off & just swap the valve on its own.

all my n80/hoses/spider etc. are under the manifold side.. does not look like this:

attachment.php

the n80 is not exposed on the right side like in this thread... sucks! its well tucked under that black box thing pictured centre left... had the tools out.. wrestled with the engine cover... and had to give up a second time.. ***

bump.. hard starting is taking the biscuit! after a month of diagnosis and solving a hard start... now this is part of the new hard start... anyone??? *echoe* anyone there??

**edited for clarity** That isnt the N80 - its a one way valve & the hosework. I've circled it in the pics below so you know what you're looking at. The blue circles on the 1st pic are just twist/push fit joins. Also worth noting that the pipe is fixed with 2 bolts - one of which is right by the N80.
pipes.jpg

Last edited:
Lord have mercy upon my soul. I ordered an N80 valve and this is what they have sent me. I have been banging on thinking that it is the N80 with the pipe work. I will send it all back and get a blasted N80.

Do you reckon it is worth keeping the one way valve? How would I go about replacing that out of interest?

Foolishness! Man I feel a right winker.