A3 brake pad sensor

Stevo11

Reaction score
Right just changed the rear pads and dics on my a3 but couldn't see we're the plug goes for the brake pad sensor spoke to the shop were I got them and they said there may not have them on the back so cut it off but the light is still on the previous owner changed the front pads and cut the sensor on the front passenger side an twisted the connection to form a loop so is there one on the back as the light on the dash is still on anyone know we're this is??

If you didn't need to take a plug out with the old pads you shouldn't need to plug the new ones in anywhere surely?

Well they had one on but the light on the dash is still on an cant figure out why

With all respect, if you unplugged the old ones, then I cant see how you cant plug in the new ones.

As I said the new ones had a sensor wire but the old had none so just assumed that they should have them the issue I have is the light is still on

No offense but if you are this unfamiliar with brake systems you shouldn't be touching them.
Put it into a garage to get done.
Sounds like there is a problem with the fronts still.

As I said the new ones had a sensor wire but the old had none so just assumed that they should have them the issue I have is the light is still on

With all respect mate, thats not what you said, you advised us you couldnt see where to plug them in, not, the old ones didnt have plugs, but alas.

You need to plug vcds or the like in to ascertain where the light is coming from, whereabouts are you located?

With all respect mate, thats not what you said, you advised us you couldnt see where to plug them in, not, the old ones didnt have plugs, but alas.

You need to plug vcds or the like in to ascertain where the light is coming from, whereabouts are you located?
Am in the clitheroe area