Upgrade to the speedo section?

tam2oo5

Reaction score
Guys,

bought my 8p few days ago and im a little disappointed that the LCD in the speedo is missing. I used to own a 2003 TT and it had a LCD display that showed MPG reading, temp, doors open, milage left, warnings ect...

Any one swapped this on their A3 , how easy isit?

Cheers

Been covered a million times over on here - do a quick search :)

But yes, it's easy.

Thanks for the reply, so ive done some reading and see what i want to do is mod the DIS.

I currently have the standard black box that displays icons only, no LCD module is installed... So from what i have read i need...

• New cluster and instruments
  • New stalk with controls
  • Coded to allow DIS to work

My questions are , how easy isit if i buy a cluster and instruments with more milage on there? Isit easy to modify? , Is the coding easy? Can Audi do this for me? if so anyone been quoted?

Cheers

Best bet is to fit the newer white dis version, I can offer this service in Sussex, whereabouts are you located as had numerous people come down to do it & no you cant do yourself as immo needs coding aswell as mileage correction.

In Glasgow mate,

What sort of cash are we talking for this install including parts?

wow! , 700 to add DIS...

Its a 2006 SE 3 door.

£700+ is for a brand new cluster, as you have an 06, the fuel pump is fine for the newer dis, I've done it for less than that for number of members.

Which engine is yours?

Hi thanks for your reply, my engine is just the standard 1.6

I found a cluster on ebay for a 2007 tdi 2.0 which has 30k miles on it. Mines has 29600. Was thinking i could use this to replace my current cluster and i wouldnt even need to change milage?

Then i just need a stalk and coding... am i right?

You need immo programming by a dealer, its not a simple stalk & coding as such, you must get the immo coded with all keys & documents by a dealer, also as yours is an fsi then you need to make sure the speedo & rev counter match, if not, then its no good to you, plus the white dis version is far better.

I think have an older red dis cluster for an fsi 1.6.

yea the cluster i seen is a complete match regarding speedo and rev counter. The milage is basically a match aswell..

How much is the coding on the immo from Audi?

Trying to weigh up this to see if its actually worth it.. £700 for temp, mpg and miles to empty is a bit steep i think. So if i can do most of it myself then have the coding done then it might be worth while

I already advised you its several hundred less than £700.

Depends on your local dealer, thats upto you to ask, as we cant answer, I can only advise what I can get it done for.