TPMS Via the DIS VCDS Mod

Paul-RS6

Reaction score
Hi has anyone managed to get this enabled via VCDS with the DIS.

I have trawled the net including this site, and have found loads of information for the switch version retrofit, and the version where VCDS is used to reset the system, but no reference to enabling the later system settable through the the DIS.

I have a MY11 S3. with the 1AT ABS unit which suggests "ESP ready for TMPS and Hill Hold "

If its just a matter of 10 minutes with VCDS then it would be rude not to.

Cheers

You will only know when you try to code the options, if your cluster/abs controller supports it.

Thanks. I have posted a reply in your thread which may help explain your issues.

Same here. MY2011 S3.

Thought I'd try various permutations of the coding to get TPMS via DIS to work, but no joy so far.

My ABS module: 1K0 907 379 AT
My Kombi: 8P0 920 982 L

Tried:
In the ABS coding, Byte 16 for 7K6
Byte 17 for TPMS via DIS options
Tried various combinations of these two options

In the Kombi coding, adding +16 to ????xxx
Adaptation in Ch.37 x?xx
Tried various combinations of these two options

Still drawing a blank. Really need a MY2010/MY2011 car to scan, to see what the coding/config is!

Anyone?

The 379AT unit supersedes to a 375AT which then supersedes to a 375BE that does support this feature 7K6, problem is, this doesnt denote the previous AT versions support all the functions of the BE, vag have a habit of doing this where if a module needs replacing for whatever reason, they fit the newer module, maybe the all in one/highline version, that supports everything, thus they only make the one module type then on.

It may need vas or odis to code this properly if there are missing data from vcds, ideally need a car that has the option already & compare coding, modules fitted & adaptation channels.

As per my reply to Cruisers other post linked above,

Indications currently point to the requirement for the 4C: Tire Pressure II module.
The forums I have linked to have logs of cars fitted with TMPS indirect and they seem to have the 4C module which we seem to lack. Perhaps this is where the circumference values are stored/compared hence why they cannot be saved?

If its going to be more than a simple VCDS procedure, I can live without it.

The TT has a tpms specific unit which wires to the cluster, abs controller, button in gear surround area, which maybe because the abs controller doesnt support tpms directly, but there are no mentions in schematics for the 8p in my12 for a tpms specific module or in etka, so atm its not likely this.

The 379AT unit supersedes to a 375AT which then supersedes to a 375BE that does support this feature 7K6,

For reference, mines has a 1K0 907 379 BE ABS module.

& that also supersedes to the 375BE these days.

That info has helped me thanks, as I have that module new to fit to my car for tesing, can you fire over some logs if possible please if I need to do some research?

The TT has a tpms specific unit which wires to the cluster, abs controller, button in gear surround area, which maybe because the abs controller doesnt support tpms directly, but there are no mentions in schematics for the 8p in my12 for a tpms specific module or in etka, so atm its not likely this.

Thanks, good to know, maybe it is possible after all. Perhaps its just the method/module revisons.

Yes happy to send a recent log. What info do you require? Part or full log?

PM me an email?