water, water everywhere! :-(

Artimus

Shortback
Reaction score
Hi peeps, I'm fairly new to the Forum, and this is my first Audi! I hope you can give me some advice.

I often drive with my window slightly dropped - about an inch or so, this being the first time I've been out in the rain I've noticed water comes into the interior really badly, when I'm driving or parked. Even when the windows are closed and a door is open, water streams into the car from the roof - soaking the door cards, seat bolsters and sill\floor. Now I've seen this to a lesser extent on my wife's 9N Polo and I've remedied it somewhat by fitting wind deflectors, but the A3 is a lot worse and I really didn't want to fit those things to the car and ruin the lines. I find it hard to believe Audi haven't designed this fundamental flaw out of their cars yet.

Does anybody have any tips for redirecting the flow around the door opening and\or windows that doesn't involve wind deflectors? Pretty please???

Reactions: cubby
Its a classic Audi design fault, even with wind deflectors you till get the complimentary shower. It's even worse if your car has some wax on it.

Reactions: Artimus
Seriously???

..aren't you the guy that took exception to someone asking you if your car was Auto or Manual? :haha:

Nope I think you have me mixed up with someone else, call me odd but if it's raining my windows are usually closed :)

Its a classic Audi design fault, even with wind deflectors you still get the complimentary shower. It's even worse if your car has some wax on it.
Aha! maybe that's the problem - I polished it on Friday.

Hmm... maybe there's something I can fashion out of rubber tubing to fit in the door opening that will channel some of the rainwater around to the A pillar? :uhm:

Until then, Bring on the grime. lol

Don't smoke, problem solved, you will no longer get wet and improve your health plus save a ton of cash, result!

yea this happened to me today, all be it parked down hill. Wife opened door, seat got a soaking!! So she sat in the back. Problem solved lol

Have you thought about the possibility of fitting roof bars? With our A3 (with bars) we don't seem to suffer at all from rainwater entering the car. An expensive mod, but for me I think it improves the look of the sportback. Just an idea.

Happened to me yesterday stupid bubble shape a3

Have you thought about the possibility of fitting roof bars? With our A3 (with bars) we don't seem to suffer at all from rainwater entering the car. An expensive mod, but for me I think it improves the look of the sportback. Just an idea.
I was looking on flea-bay the other day at roof bars because I also feel they add to the car's looks - but the price of the kit shocked me! Now if they help prevent the interior getting soaked And look good into the bargain, then maybe it's something I should seriously consider paying out for.

Is there a close fit all along the length of the bars then?

...stupid bubble shape a3
lol

I wouldn't bank on the bars sorting the problem, my old A3 had them and i found it just concentrated the water off the front of them in certain situations.
Definitely a better look though with them on:thumbup:

Well i was dressed all suave yesterday, Swag on point dress code on check circa 8pm running late as usual i thought let me wind down the window have a quick smoke in the car.

My friend says bro you need to hurry up we are getting late we need to pick my other friend up. He then says DONT BRAKE all the waters going to come in.

....I thought he said BRAKE so i did.......You can imagine the rest. Believe me it wasn't champagne showers either.

Was hoping deflectors would fix this issue. Even if it's stopped raining water comes in off the roof in through slightly open wndow. Defo a design flaw

:sos:I puff as well but banned from smoking in the :blackrs4:, the house, garage, greenhouse (fffing plants get upset apparently) and the shed by the Wife.
As for rain coming in the car, yes, if the window is open.

Reactions: Sandra