Sportback bulbs

kwlw

Reaction score
Hi to all,
I'd like to change all the front light bulbs of my Sportback, I know high/low beams are H7/55W bulbs but I don't know what type of bulbs are position lights and fog lights, can anyone help me? thanks

[ QUOTE ]
Hi to all,
I'd like to change all the front light bulbs of my Sportback, I know high/low beams are H7/55W bulbs but I don't know what type of bulbs are position lights and fog lights, can anyone help me? thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that fogs are H7 as well, and side lights are 5W bayonet fitting bulbs. I fitted Osram silverstars on high and low beam, but didn't bother with side lights.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi to all,

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that fogs are H7 as well, and side lights are 5W bayonet fitting bulbs. I fitted Osram silverstars on high and low beam, but didn't bother with side lights.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, as I'd like to be sure, is there any site with this type of detailed infos??

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi to all,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, as I'd like to be sure, is there any site with this type of detailed infos??

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this info not detailed in your handbook ?.

www.powerbulbs.co.uk show high and low as H7's and side light as W5W, but don't list for fogs.

Yeah,I fitted the Osram bulbs as well.

I also fitted the free Blue Philips sidelight bulbs but,if you want my opinion,don't bother with them as the passenger side one is an utter pain in the backside.Took two of us ages with pointy nose pliers and many a skinned knuckle.

Unfortunately we had already taken the original one out so we were committed to putting something back in !

I think my next move is 'illegal' bulbs as I still want a brighter main beam.(lots of country road driving at night).

[ QUOTE ]
I think my next move is 'illegal' bulbs as I still want a brighter main beam.(lots of country road driving at night).

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what Audis loom ratings are like, but go careful. I know a few people that did this in various cars, and every one either had a loom melt or catch fire.

Ach well,it's a company car...

Burn baby burn !
DSG inferno..!

I'll get me coat.

[ QUOTE ]
Ach well,it's a company car...

Burn baby burn !
DSG inferno..!

I'll get me coat.

[/ QUOTE ]

The lengths you'll go to, to get rid of the best manumatic gearbox in the world /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi to all,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this info not detailed in your handbook ?.

www.powerbulbs.co.uk show high and low as H7's and side light as W5W, but don't list for fogs.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and that's what I'm looking for: I'd like to know what type of bulbs installed in fogs & position in order to buy the correct bulbs! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Sorry can't help any further. I thought by 'position' you meant side lights ?. I am pretty sure the fogs are H7 55W but you may have to take one out to know for sure.

Someone with ETKA should be able to help you out.

[ QUOTE ]
I also fitted the free Blue Philips sidelight bulbs but,if you want my opinion,don't bother with them as the passenger side one is an utter pain in the backside.Took two of us ages with pointy nose pliers and many a skinned knuckle.

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you have any problems with the dashboard "bulb failure" warning light? I'd also like to fit those sidelight bulbs, but I've read that several people have had problems with this. Are they LEDs?

If memory serves me right, the sidelight issue has been discussed before and the conclusions was that none of the available LED sidelights work.. They have a different resistance from the normal bulbs and the car will think that the bulb is bust. Apart from this the sidelights are also rather difficult to exchange. My advice would be to just leave them as they are.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know what Audis loom ratings are like, but go careful. I know a few people that did this in various cars, and every one either had a loom melt or catch fire.

[/ QUOTE ]

I run 100w mains and dipped, no blown fuses or meted looms over the last winter when the lights are used a lot.

Watch out with the 100 watters, if you have plastic reflectors and plastic lnses they can cause a problem. Might be OK, might not.

I put in the PIAA bulbs and the lights are now fantastic. Equivalent to over 100 watts, but run cool. Saying that I'm buying some retrofit HID's for dip from HID IAN. (Seperate thread)

[ QUOTE ]
...I've not yet had a chance to poke around the back of the headlamp unit to check. My car is also fitted with Xenons - so are the sidelights just as hard to get at?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, just had a look and I can immediately see why this is going to be tricky ...

The back of the driving light comes off easily enough, but the sidelight is tucked up in the top right of the unit - probably the hardest bit to reach. I'll have a go though - ordered some Philips Blue Vision sidelights today and will give it a shot.

If anyone else has done this and wants to share some advice about the best way to fit them, it would be appreciated! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif