TDI Tailpipes

steve184

Reaction score
I've spoken to my audi dealer about fitting the FSI tailpipes to a 2.0 TDI and they say they cant do it? Do they fit or not?

If you're gonna start cutting welds, you might as well go to power flow and get some proper tailpipes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
ns%20rear%20quarter.jpg

I thought the idea of the downturn in the tdi pipes was to avoid the dreaded 'sooty bumper' effect you see on the back of Mondeo taxis etc.

So how can i persuade the dealer to do it cos i havent really got any way of cutting the welds myself - plus not sure im confident enough to do it as i might ruin it!!

Also do the pipes sit right with the original bumper?? ie, dont stick out too far or sit in too far cheers

[ QUOTE ]
So how can i persuade the dealer to do it cos i havent really got any way of cutting the welds myself - plus not sure im confident enough to do it as i might ruin it!!

Also do the pipes sit right with the original bumper?? ie, dont stick out too far or sit in too far cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think (not tried this yet myself) that the welds are simply "tack" welds and will come off with a sharp blow from a chisel.

Looking at the pics, length can be adjusted by simply nipping up the bolts in different places.

Eeef - car is sweet!! Never knew you had the kit etc on it...good work!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just go to Powerflow, they'll do whatever you want, long, short, small or bean can.

http://www.powerflow.uk.com/newtailpipes.html

You dont need to take off the welds. The tailpipes just fit over the existing tailpipes. They sit down the way inside the straight tailpipes!

I've got them on my car! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Audi ones - they were going to be idiots about it until I:

a)Showed them the photo of them on a TDI and
b) Gave them the instructions.

They then ignored what I told them and 1 week before pickup I noticed that they hadn't put them on and didn't bother telling me. I grumbled like hell and eventually the tailpipes were attached......

Just to add - I'll take a photo if you like tonight and I'll try to let you see what it looks like.

I'll try to remember tonight - sorry mate!

Just got my garage put up this morning and everythings a bit hectic at the moment.

I got powerflow tail pipes fitted today on my TDI, £67. Looks well, just like Eeefs. Wasn't sure whether to have them level or staggered so in the end had them staggered by about 1/2 inch.

Mine are staggered ever so slightly as well to try and match the curve of the car...but yours were about £30 cheaper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif