Which Subwoofer to go for: Alpine or Rockford Fosgate?

Fanboy

An Audi Fanboy
Reaction score
Dont you like audi original bass?I think they are loud enough but if you want a mini club in your car then go for it :))

Dont you like audi original bass?I think they are loud enough but if you want a mini club in your car then go for it :))

Yes I do mate but that's just a speaker not subwoofer :)

Cheers

You won't typically get great sq from a 15" sub as smaller subs offer more punchy bass associated with sq. 10" or 12" would be better.

I wouldn't be really tempted with either of those tbh, as mentioned jl make some very good sq subs, or maybe a 2nd hand re sub or hertz make some great subs.

For subs I'd stay away from those that can be bought from halfords.

If it were me I'd go for jl.

i wouldnt be tempted by either of those either. id recomend a 10" kicker (not sure how much they are now), a 1200w kenwood 12" (normaly 150-200) or Alphine. deffo not fusion in my opionion.

If your after a sub which keeps the OEM set up then Andymac on here sells them for around £300.

I have a 12" Infinity Reference sub unused if your interested. Bought it and never used it :0(

Thank you guys, really appreciate that :)

So the smaller the sub size-wise, the better SQ!?! Right!

I don't mind buying them! But could you give me model/series type/name? And of course how much you're looking for?!? :)

Cheers

I used 2 10" Focal Subs in my TT, gave a really good sound and werent overly expensive. Still got htem in my garage trying to decide whether to stick them in the A3 or sell them

I wouldn't put kenwood, fusion, alpine, kicker or infinity as the same bracket as hertz or jl. The latter two being much higher quality. Focal subs are very decent.

What type of music do you listen to (will help determine what size to go for) and what amplifier do you have?

I have surplus to requirements a herts sub model number ebx300r 1000w. Basically as new and a pair of rainbow geranium cross overs if they any good to you.

Same as this one

http://www.icehouseaudio.co.uk/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=169

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've pretty much only been using Rockford Subs for the last 15yrs, I've tried others, spent plenty in the process but always come back to using RF. For me the quality of the product vs cost beats most hands down + all of there kit is serviceable, even the speakers! As it stands I'm still using a couple of their 'landmine' amps which are well over 10yrs old & going strong. Ignore the budget range & you wont be disappointed. :)

Just because there are so many stereo exterts in this thread... I did a side-by-side test of my Bose system in my BE 3 Dr compared to a friends standard Concert system in a 2008 SB and there was no discernible difference between them.

I almost think there's something wrong with mine, but I very much doubt I culd prove it, considering the cost difference I was amazed at how good the standard system was, as I say, the Bose seemed to offer nothing over and above it.

Just because there are so many stereo exterts in this thread... I did a side-by-side test of my Bose system in my BE 3 Dr compared to a friends standard Concert system in a 2008 SB and there was no discernible difference between them.

I almost think there's something wrong with mine, but I very much doubt I culd prove it, considering the cost difference I was amazed at how good the standard system was, as I say, the Bose seemed to offer nothing over and above it.

You're not the only person to say that, & I cant say that I heard too much difference either. Now the Bang & Olufsen systems in the new Audi ranges are a different story!

It's a bit of a dissapointment really that the setup on the Bose is so ordinary, seems like a lot of money for a company logo on the grilles...

I have a JL 10W7 with enclosure for sale if interested...